SWIFF is a 2-day film festival held on the campus of Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. The festival seeks to showcase the talent and skill of new and emerging artists in the area. This is our first annual event.
This is a short film festival accepting films up to 13 minutes in length. We have a wide range of categories from conventional narrative and documentary to experimental and surrealist works. Screenings will be scheduled in the Liberal arts theater at SWIC on December 13th and 14th, 2019. Awards will be announced December 15th.
Awards for "best of" in each category as well as best director, best actor, best cinematography, best editing, and best production design. Each award is presented as a certificate. All participants and winners will receive digital laurels for promotional materials.
1) Films must be produced within 100 miles of Belleville, IL. or with a director, producer, or writer who currently resides in Southern Illinois.
2) Films must be 10 minutes or less in length.
3) Films must be completed before the entry date.
4) Films must not contain copyright infringing materials.
5) For films submitted outside of the experimental category, any non-english dialogue must be accompanied by a subtitle track (burned in to the video file).
6) If accepted, screening copies of the film must be submitted as BOTH an h.264 as well as EITHER DNxHR or Prores files. Screeners must contain 1 second of black at the beginning and end of the video file. Final screeners are due no later than November 30, 2019.