Rom Com Fest is a film festival that celebrates womanhood, love and life through film. We believe that love is worth celebrating and there is power in a feel-good film.
The first ever Rom Com Fest will take place June 20-23 in Los Angeles at Downtown Independent. In addition to a mix of new and classic rom com film screenings, we will host engaging activities and events to connect the community of rom com lovers.
Rom Com Fest focuses on films that deal with romance and comedy. Make us laugh, make us cry, make us feel something for your characters. We’re looking for empowered and uplifting stories that have us re-thinking the rom com genre.
All films submitted must have a romantic comedy theme. Films can vary in length from two minutes to two hours. We are accepting all types of film (feature film, foreign, shorts, music videos, web series, tv, screenwriting, etc.). If you’re doing something different, we will take a look. Turn in interesting art about love; since it is the first year of the festival, we will program the festival based on the content received.
Everything at Rom Com Fest will:
-celebrate the power of love
-make us feel things
-reflect the world as it is (diversity, inclusion, truth)
We love love. Do you?
The Rom Com Fest screenwriting competition is now brought to you by Scriptd! We are happy to announce that all submissions will be free. Submissions open on April 1 and end April 20 on Scriptd.com. Please do not submit screenplays through FilmFreeway.
Films in competition categories will be judged by a jury comprised of filmmakers, film industry veterans, and other luminaries. The winners of those awards will be announced prior to the Closing Night Gala screening.We cannot guarantee all categories of submissions will play.
Screenwriting competition is brought to you by Scriptd. 10 screenplays will be chosen by popular vote, all of which will receive badges to the festival. 1 winning script will be selected by an industry committee. The winning script will be read at a live table read during the festival.
ROM COM FEST SUBMISSION RULES
1. Films must be submitted with a private link (Self Hosted, VIMEO, youtube or a Filmfreeway screening file) other formats are currently not accepted.
2. Any submissions with non-English dialogue or text must be submitted with English subtitles.
3. Quality standards must be met. Below 720p resolution, poor audio quality, and/ or extensively sub-par production quality will not be considered.
4. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
5. Due to the limited time of screening hours, only selected films will have a chance to be screened at the festival.
6. Rom Com Fest can use part of the film (including trailer/teaser/synopsis/film poster) for promotional purpose and on the Rom Com Fest website.
7. By submitting, you give Rom Com Fest the right to screen your film in front of a live audience in Los Angeles at the festival.
8. If a film is officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in the format requested by the festival.
9. Screening copies and marketing materials will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
10. Entry fee is not refundable.
11. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.
12. We understand film makers want to submit their films to as many festivals as possible and we encourage you to do so. You may submit your film to us even if it aired at another festival.
Festival does not deal with any copyright issues, all copyright issues should be resolved by the film authors. Filmmakers and screenwriters retain all of their rights to their projects and their materials submitted at Rom Com Fest. Please keep in mind that we do not publish your film anywhere online.