Red Dirt Film Festival Returns For a Tenth Season!
April 14-16, 2023 marks the tenth annual Red Dirt Film Festival, held both online and in Stillwater, OK, offering up dozens of brand-new films and live music. Recently named one of FilmFreeway's Top 100 Film Festivals out of the nearly 9,000 worldwide, The Red Dirt International Film Festival is where film and music goes to have fun. We love movies and a good time! We are pleased to showcase films, music and screenplays* of many genres. During its 3-day run, we will kick-off our 10th season by featuring a very diverse-selection of genres as we equally love a good comedy, horror film, drama, or documentary. We encourage submissions from directors who will be able to attend the entire festival, as we love to meet and network; forming friendships with fellow filmmakers and screenwriters, and learning from each other is a key part of our festival!
Red Dirt was formed to bring more inspiration, culture, and entertainment to central Oklahoma, as well as to enliven people of all ages through the united power of film and music media. In addition to inspirations both visual and aural, we have parties each evening, workshops, panels, Q&As, live music, networking opportunities and unique special events specific to each new year!
Stillwater is the launchpad for a number of other amazing things such as the world-famous Eskimo Joe's restaurant, musicians such as The All-American Rejects, Garth Brooks, Red Dirt Music; Oklahoma State University, and actors such as James Marsden, and Gary Busey.
Tickets for individual screening blocks, as well as for VIP and multi-day passes for the general public are available for purchase here, as-well as on the festival's website, www.reddirtfilm.com, where T-Shirts are available. Those wishing to purchase passes for the entire festival weekend can save money and also have access to the VIP Meet and Greet event, in-person or online, as well as other bonuses.
We're also excited to be the one of the first American film festivals to feature the 'F-Rating', a designation to set-apart films written, produced, directed, or starring women filmmakers. This is a cause we champion! These F-Rated films will be highlighted in both the printed programmes and the online schedule.
We hope to see you at Red Dirt Film Festival during this year's fest; we look forward to having you as part of our festival to celebrate great film, scripts and music, and to have a lot of fun! Thank You.
In-person attendees at the awards ceremony will receive The Hardy award (a gorgeous Red Dirt tree statuette), and digital Laurels. Certificates and laurels alike will be mailed out to winners unable to attend.
Films represented at the fest will receive 2 VIP passes, good for both the online and in-person aspects.
- Red Dirt Film takes all genres (excluding adult films).
- Domestic and International feature films, documentaries, shorts, VR, and student films are welcome.
- Red Dirt Film reserves the right to determine the eligibility of all projects submitted.
- Projects must have been completed within 12 months of the event date to be eligible.
- All accepted films will be considered for competition unless otherwise noted. Projects may be accepted and presented "out of competition" if they fail to meet certain criteria.
- Red Dirt Film reserves the right to play selected films of choice at the actual festival based on filmmaker attendance, representation of genres, among other factors.
- Once you've been accepted to Red Dirt International Film, you become part of the family, which is why we offer a future alumni discount. So if your film gets selected be sure to submit next year with a discount!
- Students must provide proof of student status at the time of production. Details are provided in the student categories.
- All foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles. Unfortunately any films that are submitted without working English subtitles will be disqualified without a refund of submission fees.
- It is the filmmakers' responsibility to check the quality of the final file before submitting to the online platform Dropbox. Though checks will be made I will notify you if any errors are present, sometimes things can be overlooked. It is up to you to deliver a file you are pleased to exhibit.
- Accepted films in their exhibition format should be uploaded to the online platform Dropbox, which will be shared after Notification of Acceptance, in the highest-quality format the filmmaker desires. In the instance of an in-person Feature Film Premiere, we will also accept a DCP on a standard external plug-and-play USB hard drive.
(If your film is selected to screen at the festival you will be given more information at a later date.)
- Submission to the festival grants Red Dirt Film permission to use excerpts of accepted work and promotional materials (i.e. posters, photos, film trailers, etc.) in all promotional activities related to the festival.
THE FINE PRINT
By submitting to Red Dirt International Film Festival, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the Red Dirt Film.
2. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Red Dirt Film and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
4. I understand Red Dirt Film will not pay any shipping fees for promotional materials or awards. Materials sent will not be returned.
5. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of Red Dirt Film.