ReadingFilmFEST celebrates the filmmaker!
This is the third year of the ReadingFilmFEST - the small festival with a big attitude! Dedicated to bringing filmmakers and film lovers together, the festival specializes in creating a filmmaker-centric festival, with free lodging for visiting filmmakers with films selected for the festival, marketing assistance, location tour, filmmaker focused panels and parties...lots of parties!
The festival is juried by a panel of local film enthusiasts, with winners chosen by film professionals in each genre. Each film is viewed by at least 3 jurors, ensuring a fair process and high quality selections.
New for 2017, we have 2 new categories: Best Un-Produced Script, and Best Latino Film and Filmmakers categories.
ReadingFilmFEST is a production of the ReadingFilm office, which has a growing reputation as the filmmaker’s film commission, with its concierge-like service, providing diverse locations, easy access, and a supportive production environment to projects large and small. We nurture emerging filmmakers like no one else…because Reading Loves Film!
The student competition will include 2 categories: high school and college/university students. Students must be currently enrolled in high school or college to submit. Please upload a photo of your student ID for verification. Student films must be under 20 minutes in length and may be of any genre including narrative, documentary, animation or music video (note – films with graphic violence, sex and language may be disqualified). Existing or new projects by students will be accepted. Student films will be juried by the festival’s regular jury of film lovers and experts.
The festival will also include educational panels directed at professionals and students alike.
ReadingFilmFEST promises to be a weekend complete with interesting panels, fabulous parties, location tours, networking opportunities, and of course, great films!
This is what one filmmaker who attended last year had to say:
"“I have attended film festivals in New York City, outside Philadelphia, in northern and southern New Jersey, as well as eastern Pennsylvania. None of these events have been as fantastic and as worthwhile as the Reading FilmFEST.” – Director William D. Prystauk
Awards & Prizes
Best of Show Prize-
Concierge Package to help you shoot your next film in Reading (includes location scouting, hospitality package, no location fees, catering, and one day of aerial drone cinematography by an award winning DP).
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Short Film
- Best Made in Reading Film
- Social Impact Award
- Best Actor (or Actress) in a Film
- Best Use of Music in a Film
- Best Latino Film
- Best Un-Produced Script or Screenplay
- Best Narrative Short by a student College or High School Student
- Best Documentary Short - College or High School Student
- Best Music Video - College or High School Student
Rules & Terms
1. Film Entries must be submitted online by August 1, 2017
2. Films must be completed after January 1, 2016
3. Student filmmakers must submit proof of student status by uploading a photo of valid student ID.
4. All films selected for screening at the festival grant ReadingFilmFEST the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes.
5. Festival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
6. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
7. While ReadingFilmFEST does not restrict or censor the artistic content or style of any submission, the FEST does reserve the right to not accept for submission or honor with award any film that is perceived to promote a careless or malicious culture of hate, violence or obscenity.
8. ReadingFilmFEST will not accept any student film that it considers to be obscene or a careless promoter of malice, violence or hate.
9. ReadingFilmFEST does not grant fee waivers except for filmmakers from FAFT countries.
10. All fees are nonrefundable.