Poco is a new short film festival bringing the best of Australian filmmaking to a new stage in Regional Victoria. Entries are accepted by filmmakers and animators around the country, in both regional and metropolitan areas, including students. Short films across any genre are accepted with awards for Best Short, Runners Up and Best Student Film. Poco encourages all types of short film entries including but not limited to; animation, drama, comedy, horror, documentary, and music videos.
Poco will be returning in 2024.
All shortlisted entries will be screened at the Poco Short Film Festival live event in Ballarat, in July 2022 while also running a simultaneous online festival via Festivee.
Poco - Shorts in Winter - July 2022.
Award prizes will be announced in 2024.
- Submissions: All films must be uploaded directly to FilmFreeway via their Secure Online Screener system.
- Entries must have been completed (post-production) between the specified dates (TBA) to be eligible.
- All entries must have a maximum runtime of 20 minutes or less (including credits).
- The Submitter must own the rights to the film submitted or have permission from the owner/artist. It is the sole responsibility of the Submitter to secure permission from the rights holders of any and all copyrighted and/or trademarked content or materials included within the film, clear all content within the film from any and all actual or potential legal claims and issues. Poco will not be held responsible for any unauthorised inclusion of any copyrighted and/or trademarked content.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Students must present a valid Student ID.
- Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Poco’s selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Poco does not provide critical analysis or feedback.
- Any film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
- Poco Film Fest operates a diversity and inclusion policy, judging content, without bias, including gender, sexuality, race and religion.
- Poco can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate.
- All entries must abide by the content guidelines (link on website).
- By submitting an entry, the applicant accepts Poco Film Fest’s Rules and Terms.
- By submitting an entry, you authorize Poco Film Fest to distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills on our social media.