The Pegasus Film Festival is open to youth filmmakers under the age of 19 from all across the world. Our mission is to empower the next generation of filmmakers by providing resources, education, connections, and a platform for young artists to share their work. You can find out more about us at our website: PegasusFilmFestival.com
Join us May 27-28th at the Angelika Film Center theatre in Dallas for the LARGEST STUDENT-LED film festival in the country! We're planning to make this festival even bigger and better this year. Some of the events on the agenda for the 2023 Pegasus Film Festival include:
• Opening Ceremony with Refreshments and Live Music!
• College Fair! (Learn more about film schools and meet recruiters and admissions representatives!)
• Networking Opportunities!
• Workshops and Panels!
• Script Readings + Screenwriting Event!
• Student Film Screenings!
• Dinner Banquet Party Under the Stars! (Music, dancing, food, and more!)
• Live Pitch Competition!
• Red Carpet!
• Q+A Interviews with the filmmakers! (Broadcast LIVE!)
• Awards Ceremony! (All filmmakers have the chance to win AMAZING cash prizes, scholarships, awards, equipment, etc.)
• AND MORE!
• Narrative: Drama
• Narrative: Horror
• Narrative: Comedy
• Narrative: Other
• Animation (Any Genre)
• Screenwriting (Under 30 Pages)
• Music Video
• International Films (Any Genre)
• Micro Short Film (Under 1 Minute)
Awards will be selected by a panel of judges and industry professionals.
Win Prizes, Scholarships, Cash Gifts, and MORE!
• Best Drama
• Best Horror
• Best Comedy
• Best Documentary
• Best Animation
• Best Experimental
• Best Screenwriting
• Best Music Video
• Best International Film
• Best Micro Short Film (Under 1 Minute)
• Best Directing
• Best Cinematography
• Best Editing
• Best Acting
• Best Middle School Film (Ages 14 and Under)
• Submission is open to ALL STUDENTS 19 YEARS OLD AND UNDER. All others submitting will be disqualified. Fees will NOT be refunded.
• Runtime must be between 30 seconds and 15 minutes for films.
• Micro Shorts must be under 1 minute in length.
• Screenplays and scripts must be under 30 pages long.
• Multiple films CAN be entered! You're welcome to submit as many films as you'd like.
• If you are not able to afford the submission fees, please email Hanna Le (Festival Director) to request a fee waiver: email@example.com
It is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes including but not limited to screenings in conjunction with the Dallas Video Association and Pegasus Film Festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for public screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Pegasus Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
Submission fees are final. We cannot provide a refund.