In 2013, the Pasifika Film Festival was created in a warehouse in Sydney’s inner-west. In 2015 PFF moved to a commercial venue and in 2016 travelled throughout Australia and internationally to New Zealand. In 2018 we are looking for new stories that give a glimpse into the colourful, world of our Pacific neighbours close to home and further away.
Our mission is to encourage established and aspiring writers, directors and actors of Pacific origin to explore their culture by providing a festival that showcases their stories.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Electronic submissions must be made through Pasifika Film Fest’s, FilmFreeway page. See below for the rules and conditions surrounding submission to Pasifika Film Fest 2018.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES & FEES
Submissions will be accepted from January 29 2018
Early deadline 11.59pm March 16 2018 AEST ($20)
Late deadline 11.59pm April 13 2018 AEST ($50)
If your submission is sent by mail, it must be post-marked by the closing date, excluding the final deadline which is a ‘last mail’ deadline. Submission fees are non-refundable. All time deadlines are in Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria:
- films that address the eligibility criteria
- quality of narrative and production values
- independent nature of the production
Final selection of submitted films will be completed by mid May. Pasifika Film Fest will notify all successful and unsuccessful filmmakers by early June. Successful filmmakers will be given further instruction with regard to the receipt of their film files.
Pasifika Film Fest assumes that the submitting party has cleared the rights for their film to be submitted to the festival. The festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
By entering this festival you are agreeing to have 30 sec – 3 minute excerpt of your film be used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD). You can opt out of this, but you must contact us in writing.
Films may be submitted via online screener, vimeo link, DVD or thumb-drive
Preview copies of your film must be clearly marked with the submitter's name, film title, country of origin, running time, contact details and tracking number (if applicable).
Unfortunately, submitted copies will not be returned.
WHAT FILMS ARE ELIGIBLE
- films that are a representation of Pasifika people, culture and stories
- films of any genre will be accepted (drama, doco, animation)
- short films should be no longer than 30 mins
- feature length films should be between 50 and 120 mins
- films of any length are eligible to be submitted into the General Submissions category
- documentary films of short or feature length will be accepted
- one of the key creatives must identify as being of Pacific heritage. This includes writers, producers, directors and leading cast members
- all films submitted in a language other than English must be subtitled
- works in progress are accepted, however selection will depend upon the production timeline and sufficient evidence of production content