Philadelphia Asian American Film & Filmmakers is dedicated to supporting Asian American film, video and media makers both nationwide and throughout the Philadelphia area, promoting films created by, starring, and/or about Asian Americans.
The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (PAAFF), now in its 12th year, celebrates and elevates the Asian American experience as the largest Asian American film festival on the U.S. East Coast. Since 2008, PAAFF is proud to have presented dozens of culturally relevant films to broad and diverse audiences through our main festival program each November and year-round screening series.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Vijay Mohan Social Change Award
Audience Choice Best Narrative Feature
Audience Choice Best Documentary Feature
CERTIFICATION OF ENTRANT: I, the contact person for the film submitted with this application, agree to the following:
I have read, understood, and completed all eligibility requirements for which I would like this film to be considered.
* To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this application are true.
* The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting my film to this festival, I am giving consent to allow The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival to screen it if selected.
* If selected for the festival, I agree to pay for print shipping costs. Philadelphia Asian American Film & Filmmakers will pay for return shipping. (DVD/Blu-ray screeners will not be returned.)
* All final works must be completed and shipped 4 weeks before the screening date. This contract is binding and will be held responsible for the information in my submission.
* I agree to allow Philadelphia Asian American Film & Filmmakers to screen my film at post-festival events.
* The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival will only accept films written, directed, or principally acted by an artist of Asian Pacific Islander American descent or whose subject matter relates to Asian Pacific Islander American issues.