The Ojai Short Fest - bringing together Film, Art and Music all in one weekend in beautiful and magical Ojai!
Come join us and experience an eclectic selection of short films and web-series episodes along with some live groovy music sounds by local and visiting artists. Our inaugural year, 2018, was a grand success with two official selections, “Weekends” and “Period. End Of Sentence” being nominated for the Oscars and “Period. End Of Sentence” winning Best Documentary Short! We are now all geared for 2019 to be a bigger blockbuster season!
Ojai Short Film Fests 2019 addition is accepting the following categories -
1. Narrative and documentary shorts and web-series episodes of any genre, live-action and animation, from all over the world and must tell a unique story with a compelling message. diversity, human interest, sustainable, and conscious lifestyles.
2. Branded content
3. Introducing the Pilot Short Series Pitch Fest! - Accepting short series pilot submissions to be a art of our first-ever pitch fest!
- pilot episode should be 25 minutes or under
- Any genre
- Global and local stories that are diverse, inclusive, compelling, and have the potential to break barriers and set future trends.
SPOTLIGHT: Starting this year, we are introducing the SPOTLIGHT initiative. We will be showcasing select films that tell thought-provoking, innovative and creative storytelling by filmmakers from one particular region in the world. This year our SPOTLIGHT is South Asia.
FUSEMM is a digital interface that will be streaming short form content, both scripted and unscripted. Launched in 2018, the vision is to provide an alternative viewing experience for the ever expanding digital mobile universe.
Audience Choice Award - Film
Audience Choice Award - Web-Series
Best Screenplay Award - Pilot Short Series
Film/episode must be between 1min and 15min. No more than 15min.
- Any genre/sub-genre/experimental
- Narrative/documentary/music video
- Live action and animation
Please provide a private Vimeo or unlisted you tube link for review.
4. Pilot Short Series - submit a one-page synopsis with character breakdown. After review, we will assess and request the pilot episode.
Submission fee of $10. This goes towards basic operational costs. Refer fee section for additional details.
5. Selection and Notification:
Filmmakers will be notified by September 6th or earlier. Since this is a bi-annual film festival, should your film be accepted but cannot fit into the current quarter's programming, it will be showcased in the next quarter's screening.
Response from festival:
Thank you so much Judith for this heartwarming review! We loved having you at the fest on Oct 6th & 7th! The audience response to your film Secret Lives Of Teachers gave us so much joy! Congrats on being runner-up and receiving the Special Mention Award! We will be sending it to you soon! - Sunil