You are cordially invited to the NIFF2022 Opening Party 4:00PM Sunday, August 14th at the Fabulous Hotel Nyack! We'll be Screening Film Trailers and watch a special 6:00PM presentation of a NIFF2022 OFFICIAL SELECTION Short Footsteps, a Short Short Feature "The Age of Resiliency" followed by a Feature "The Brink Of"
Hotel Nyack, is the perfect setting for a superb film festival experience! Come early, the hotel features The Grille, 3 bars, 1 outside by the pool. For overnight accommodations Special Hotel Discounts are Available for a limited time, cut off date: July 12th, 2022. Please Call Hotel Nyack Directly 845.765.8700
THE 10TH ANNUAL NYACK INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2022
NIFF2022 : SUNDAY AUGUST 14th ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5:50PM - Footsteps
Hamed Bahrami / Short : 7:27 / Kurdostan, Iran
6:00PM - The Age of Resiliency
Chris Trembath / Short Short Feature: 17:00 / Hillsdale, NJ United States
6:20PM - The Brink Of
Patrick Meaney / Feature / Santa Monica, CA United States
NIFF2022 : MONDAY AUGUST 15th ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:00PM - Don't Be Scared
Richard O'Connor / Short Short : 2:20 / Brooklyn, NY United States
4:05PM - Milk Rush
Mahmoud Nuri / Short Feature: 30:00 / Iran
4:35PM - Every Good Piece
Maria Filippone / Short Short Feature : 19:31 / United States
4:45PM – The Recess
Navid Nikkhah Azad / Short : 11:00 / Iran
5:00PM - The Last Photo
Mehmet Akif Guler / Short Short Feature: 20:00 / İstanbul, Turkey
5:20PM – The Little Drummer Boy
John Gray / Short : 10:00 / United States
5:30PM : BREAK > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
7:00PM - More
Vaibhav Madhukar Piwlatkar / Short Short : 3:55 / Mumbai, India
7:05PM - Married To The Bag
Zane Hoshour Bhansali / Short Short Feature : 13:54 / NY United States
7:23PM – How Many More?
Salvador, Bahia / Short Short Feature: 15:00 / Brazil
7:39PM - Glooscap & Noogami
C. A. MacFinn / Short Short : 1:44 / Nyack, New York, United States
7:41PM - Tribe
Pascale Neuschafer / Short : 5:45 / Cape Town, South Africa
7:47PM - This Too Shall Pass
Jimir Marseille / Short Short Feature : 16:05 / United States
8:04PM - TOUCH ~ Together Our Unity Can Heal :
Robert Barrett / Short Short :04:00 / United States
8:08PM - See Me
Katherine Matheson / Short: 7:00 / NY United States
8:15PM - The Sun Rises in The East
Tayo Giwa / Feature: 60:00 / Brooklyn, NY US
9:15PM – The House of Fortune
Adel Mashoori / Short Short Feature : 15:00 / Iran, Islamic Republic of
9:30PM – 5 MINUTE INTERMISSION > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
9:35PM - Jimmy in Saigon
Peter McDowell / Feature: 01:30:00 / Los Angeles , Ca. US
11:05PM – Fin
NIFF2022 : TUESDAY AUGUST 16th ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:00PM - Out of Omaha
Clay Tweel / Feature: 1:32:00 / Los Angeles, Ca United States
5:35PM - The Candles Are Wilting
Craig Pedroza / Short Short: 2:00 / Florida, United States
5:40PM – A Feast That Never Comes :
Maria Juranic / Short Short Feature : 16:22 / Brooklyn, NY United States
6:00PM – B R E A K > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
7:00PM – Take Hands
Doug Plummer / Short Feature : 46:00 / Seattle, WA United States
7:46PM - Social Distance Rock
Steve Geller, Feliipe Torres / Music Video: 06:00 / Nyack, NY US
7:52PM - Tierra del Fuego
Oleksandr Lozytskyi / Short: 6:32 / Dnepr, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine
8:00PM – Drawn Together
Peter O'Brien / Short Short : 4:00 / Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
8:05PM - The Cupcake Chronicles
Kevin Byrnes / Short Feature: 35:00 / NY United States
8:45PM - Scarlet Circle
Ryan Cervasio / Short Short : 2:49 / New Jersey, United States
8:48PM - Rockaway Sunset
PJ Landers / Short Short Feature: 15:00 / United States
9:03PM - Left of The Dial
Andrew Lawton / Short Feature: 50:00 / Montrose, NY United States
10:00PM - Sunspot
Brian Mihok / Feature : 53:00 / Suffern, NY United States
11:00PM – Fin
NIFF2022 : WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17th ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:00PM - Marijuana Minutes
Ryan D. Moore / Feature : 1:24:00 / New Jersey, United States
5:30PM - Tales and Visions of Community with MM Serra : To Jonas With Love
MM Serra, Emily Singer / Short : 9:00 / New York, United States
5:40PM- Little Green Bastards :
Ginny Pados, Maxwell C. Blackriver / Short Feature: 38:00 / United States
6:20PM BREAK > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
7:00PM - Famous Adjacent
Ethan Knecht / Short : 10:08 / United States
7:11PM – Dognapped
Andrew Nimetz, James Mentzinger/ Short Short Feature: 18:00/ NY United States
7:30PM - You’re It
Herb Cremer, Joe Cremer / Short : 6:51 / United States
7:37PM - Ostinato
Julie Fergus / Short Short Feature: 15:00 / Los Angeles, Ca. United States
7:52PM - Therapy, Sicilian Style
Robert LoManto / Short Short Feature : 11:06 / United States
8:04PM – Intervenors
Marshall Paillet / Short Short Feature: 13:00 / Brooklyn, NY United States
8:17PM - Let's Leave The Planet!
Chelsea B Lockie / Short : 8:00 / Bronx, NY United States
8:25PM - Welcome To Forever
John Gray / Short : 9:22 / United States
8:35PM - Gateway Eyes
Andrew Graziosa / Short : 6:00 / United States
8:42PM - Lana's Secret
Robert Samad Wilentz / Short Short Feature: 15:00 / New York, United States
8:58PM – Sweaty Balls
Jack Quint / Short Short : 3:30 / VT United States
9:00PM - The Pit and The Pendulum
Danny Ashkenasi / Short Short Feature : 30:00 / New York, United States
9:30PM – Crazy For The Blonde
Mark Clauburg / Short Short Feature : 18:00 / NY United States
9:50PM - Last Call, Midnight
Larry Rosen / Short Short : 3:11 / New Jersey, United States
9:55PM – 5 MINUTE INTERMISSION > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
10:00PM - Attack of The Killer Chickens :
Genoveva Rossi / Feature: 1:05:00 / United States
11:05PM – Fin
NIFF2022 : THURSDAY AUGUST 18th ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:00PM - Do I Need This :
Kate Schermerhorn / Feature: 1:01:00 / United States
5:02PM - Ping Pong Parkinsons :
Dave Steck / Short Short : 3:06 : Yonkers, NY United States
5:06PM - Black Action Figures :
Dave Steck / Short : 6:55 / Yonkers, NY United States
5:13PM – B R E A K > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
7:00PM – The Traditional Brazilian Family KATU
Rodrigo Sena / Short Short Feature ; 25:00 / Natal, Brazil
7:25PM - A Band's Journey
Griffon Quinn, Sgroi Jacobs / Short : 10:00 / New City, NY United States
7:36PM - The Pratt in The Hat
Susan Hillary / Short Short Feature : 15:00 / NYUnited States
7:52PM - Playing The Game
Dustin Ridling / Short: 5:00 / Novato, CA United States
7:57PM - Above The Horizon
Russell Conley / Short Short Feature: 17:00 / Newburgh, NY US
8:11PM – Wisteria
Lucas Ruderman / Short : 6:47 / United States
8:20PM - Hinge
Clare Maleeny / Short : 5:00 / Czech Republic
8:25PM - Visualization
Abdolrahman Sarraei / Short : 11:00 / France
8:36PM : The Night Garden
Tom Pearson, Marissa Nielsen-Pincus, Renata Zhigulina,
Anastasia Nesterova, Daria Karpova
Short Feature : 28:04 / Nyack, NY United States
9:10PM - The Families Fued
Stew Replogle / Feature : 1:45:05 / Plymouth, MA United States
10:55PM – Fin ! ! ! CELEBRATE ! ! !
Awards are presented in the categories: Best Feature Film, Best Documentary, Best Foreign Film, Best Musical or Comedy, Best Local Documentary, Best Short, Best Short-Short, Best Short Short Feature, Best Short Feature, Best Director, Best Score, Best Music Video and People’s Choice Award.
2022 NYACK FILM FESTIVAL FILM COMPETITION RULES
The following rules govern all film submissions to the Nyack Film Festival (“NFF” or the “Festival”)
Please Note: Nyack Film Festival does not waive entry fees. NFF believes waiving entry fees hurts the integrity of the competition. The same rules and entry fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another. In a similar respect, NFF does not invite films to be in competition. Only films that are submitted will be considered for competition.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via FilmFreeway.
3. Films must have been completed after January 1, 2018. Films must be available for screening during the Nyack Film Festival, August 16, 17, 18, 19 of 2021.
4. Selections for screening will be determined no later than 45 days prior to the festival.
5. Private invite-only screenings (for instance for cast and crew or donors) do not affect a film’s eligibility.
6. NFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. NFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because NFF’s focus is on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by NFF in connection with the dispute.
3. If needed due to Covid-19 and in person attendance is still a risk we will offer your film for an online experience to our audience.
Selected Films and Winners
1. NFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. NFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by NFF or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced no later than August 26th 2021. The judges’ decision is final.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, NFF will not provide a refund.
No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.