You are cordially invited to the 9th Annual Nyack Film Festival 2021 at Hotel Nyack, August 16th through August 19th 2021. Hotel Nyack, is the perfect setting for a superb film festival experience! RESERVE YOUR TICKETS NOW!!! Come early, the hotel features The Grille, 3 bars, 1 outside by the pool. For overnight accommodations please call Hotel Nyack directly 845.765.8700
THE 9TH ANNUAL NYACK FILM FESTIVAL 2021 SCHEDULE
Monday, August 16th Opening Night
5:00PM – Meet & Greet, Press, NFF movie trailers
6:30PM - 69 Blues by The Pandemaniacs 7:21
Directors Steve Geller , Felipe Torres
6:38PM - Who's With Me 4:30
Director Darryl Dillard
6:43PM - Developing a Show: The End of a Chapter 7:39
Director Lauren Improte
6:51PM - Disco 4:32
Director Maura McNamara
6:56PM - Morning Joe 9:21
Director Jason Vigotsky
7:06PM - Cirque 14:42
7:21PM - Redemption On Gun Hill Road 13:50
Director Christopher Picone
7:35PM - Zeke Owen: Master Tattoo Artist 26:15
Director Michael Houghton
8:05PM - Last Call 1:01:00
Director Johnny Sweet
9:10PM - In Love with Ally Barker 1:47:00
Director Chris and Robert Smellin
10:57PM - Fin
TUESDAY, AUGUST 17th
6:30PM - Who's a Good Man? 7:17
Director Rhonda G. Robinson
6:38PM - GEORGE FLOYD: SAY THEIR NAMES 6:59
Directors Christopher R. Owens, Alyssa Dann
6:45PM - The Keys 2:28
Director Veronica Tullo
6:50PM - False Alarm 53:34
Director Nick Lyell
7:45pm – In the Wings 10:30
Director Byungseon Kong
7:56PM - Patient Zero (Corona Ballad) 4:55
Director Kevin Hanzus
8:01PM - A Sweet Time 7:47
Director Joseph Restaino
8:09PM - Brando's Spoon 7:10
Director Mac Brydon
8:17PM - Boathouse Row 16:33
Director Ethan Knecht
8:35PM - Dear Hannah 12:00
Director Veronica Tullo
9:00PM - The Last Roll 1:38:08
Director Dáire McNab
11:13PM - Fin
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18th
6:00PM - How it All Began 4:48
Director Larry Rosen
6:05PM - Romance Unmasked 7:29
Director Jonathan Hersey
6:13PM - Vagary 6:00
Director Larry Rosen
6:20PM - The Wind - Ryan Townsend 3:58
Director Maksim Akelin
6:24PM - Craniotomy 4:09
Director Rich Bozek
6:30PM - Today and Yesterday 48:00
Director Jesse Eastman
7:20PM - You Talkin' To Me 7:50
Director Joe Remy Dolinsky
7:28PM - The Prayer Cycle: Awakening 9:27
Director Luis E Salas
7:38PM - I'm Afraid It's Arline 49:48
Director Chris Pinset
8:30PM - 4th of Deny 2:15
Director Marta Renzi
8:33PM – What Does It Mean? 17:00
Director Bridget Moschetti
8:50PM - There Was No Silence 45:00
Director Joe Allen
9:35PM - The Reunion 1:26:26
Director Phil Harding
11:01PM - Fin
THURSDAY, AUGUST 19th
6:30PM - ET TU' – For Keeps 5:00
Director Peter O'Brien
6:35PM - The Della Morte Sisters 17:50
Director Bill Sorvino
6:53PM - The Price of Safety 54:10
Director Chris Spencer
7:50PM - Mid Life Conversations 18:38
Director Maria Filippone
8:10PM - The Recurring Dream 7:01
Director Dan Murray
8:18PM - Maximus 15:55
Director Richard Prendergast
8:34PM - A NEW YORK STORY 49:00
Director Paul Schwartz
9:30PM - Not So Alone 4:58
Director Veronica Tullo
9:35PM - Has Been / Never Was 01:26:06
Director M.S. Kerr
11:01PM – Fin
Awards are presented in the categories: Best Feature Film, Best Documentary, Best Foreign Film, Best Musical or Comedy, Best Local Documentary, Best Short, Best Short-Short, Best Short Feature, Best Director, Best Score, Best Music Video and People’s Choice Award.
2021 NYACK FILM FESTIVAL FILM COMPETITION RULES
The following rules govern all film submissions to the Nyack Film Festival (“NFF” or the “Festival”)
Please Note: Nyack Film Festival does not waive entry fees. NFF believes waiving entry fees hurts the integrity of the competition. The same rules and entry fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another. In a similar respect, NFF does not invite films to be in competition. Only films that are submitted will be considered for competition.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via FilmFreeway.
3. Films must have been completed after January 1, 2018. Films must be available for screening during the Nyack Film Festival, August 16, 17, 18, 19 of 2021.
4. Selections for screening will be determined no later than 45 days prior to the festival.
5. Private invite-only screenings (for instance for cast and crew or donors) do not affect a film’s eligibility.
6. NFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. NFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because NFF’s focus is on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by NFF in connection with the dispute.
3. If needed due to Covid-19 and in person attendance is still a risk we will offer your film for an online experience to our audience.
Selected Films and Winners
1. NFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. NFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by NFF or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced no later than August 26th 2021. The judges’ decision is final.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, NFF will not provide a refund.
No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.