Northern Horror Fest showcases top independent films in the genres of horror and thriller, from established filmmakers as well as new talent. The high quality films, selected by a committee, includes features and shorts as well as screenplays. The festival is hosted at the Bergenfield Cinemas, in Bergenfield, New Jersey. We have an awards ceremony followed by an after party to network and meet all the filmmakers, actors and attendees who came to the festival.
All winners receive a trophy presented during our awards gala.
NORTHERN HORROR FEST (NHF) SUBMISSION RULES
1. NHF competition categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. Films must submit online preview screeners through our submission platform. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
3. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. Entries must include contact information, with both an email address and phone number if possible, and include both on any materials sent to the festival.
7. For DVD and Blu-Ray screeners sent in, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. DVD and Blu-Ray submissions will not be returned to the submitters.
8. NHF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the NORTHERN HORROR FEST.
9. In order to receive a trophy, the project must have an official representative present.
10. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in the requested digital format.
11. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
12. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.