Japan Indies Music Awards are for Indies Artists the world over! If you are not in Japan, simply enter your music video! International Prizes go to "Best Rock Music Video," "Best Punk/Garage video, "Best Hip Hop Video," Best Electronica Video," and "Best Other Music" categories.
"What the Independent Spirit Awards were to the Oscars!" - Stephen David Brooks
The Japan Indies Music Awards (formerly Japan Ninja Indies Music Awards)
Hey Musicians! Japan's first ever indies music awards show is open to Indies artists all over the world . Our aim is to become like the Mercury Awards in the UK! All winners are guaranteed airplay worldwide on the Mike Rogers Show (on air on Japanese FM station and 55 stations worldwide) and entry to the Top 3 videos countdown originating from Tokyo! As well as the original trophy from our show! And our audience ALWAYS gets into our event for FREE so you KNOW you'll be in front of a full house!
Besides being broadcast worldwide on the Internet, there will be many label executives watching and at the show! Perhaps, you can get a Japan record deal?
The Japan Indies Music Awards celebrates the best in Indies music with an annual awards show at Milky Way, Shibuya and broadcast worldwide on the internet.
Besides the best of Indies Bands! The Japan Indies Music Video Awards. Just post your video and get into the action. We support all indies bands everywhere in the world!
The show is supported by the Mike Rogers Show and Mike is also our organiser and host.
The show will be held on May 2023 at the world famous Shibuya Milky Way Showroom in Shibuya, Tokyo. The event will be live featuring 3 bands and also screened worldwide online. The event will be hosted by Mike Rogers. It's going to be a great time!
Videos will be shown in the online TV show (worldwide) and the Awards Ceremony will be held at Shibuya Milky Way that night. Can your band hit the world scene by capturing a Japan Indies Music Award?
Like the Rock Horror Picture Show says, "Don't dream it, be it!"
Josie Cotton - Head of Jury / Rock Star
Evan Bourgault - Podcaster
Elliot Grove - Founder of Raindance Film Festival London
Shauna McLarnon - Music Promoter
Pianistar Hiroshi - World Famous Classical Pianist
Audrey Kimura - Benten Label & Head of SXSW Japan Nite
Stephen Benham - Singer, songwriter, Performer & Music/TV/Film Producer.
Motohisa Ono - Former Head of Disk Union
Ankei Yanagisawa - Founder F@N Communications
Takao Tanaka - Head of Shibuya Milky Way
Tyler Abstract - Podcaster
Best Awards offered for:
Best Rock video
Best Punk/Garage video
Best Hip Hop video
Best Electronica video
Best other category
Lifetime Achievement Award (Japanese band only)
Rules & Terms (Read carefully).
· Indies bands only need apply!
· Bands that are currently signed to a major label not eligible (Sony, Universal, Victor, Warner, etc. and their subsidiaries not eligible!)
· Any language is OK. Music is an international language. Subtitles are not necessary.
· All Entries must include a press pack including a short one-paragraph synopsis and short staff biography with a photo of director and producer for promotional use.
· All Entries must include a list of cast including high-quality photos for promotional use.
· Every submission has to pick one main category.
· Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
· All music video entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please do not send discs or any downloadable files to us.
· By entering Awards Show, filmmaker agrees that The Japan Indies Music Video Awards has the right to use any movie stills or promotional photos for Japan Ninja Indies Music Video Awards promotional purposes.
* Music Videos made after Jan. 2018 eligible
*Films must be in NTSC format.
*Winners may get distribution offers on the Mike Rogers Show (and others). Mike Rogers Show is on airs at Japanese FM stations and on all around the world in 19 nations and 55 stations, and growing by the week.
* Winning songs will also be listed on the Radio Indie Alliance top charts.
* We do not pay any screening fees.
*All music rights must be cleared through proper channels.
· Entries will not be returned
· Entry fees are non-refundable
* A project being Selected by the Selection Committee does not guarantee screening at the awards show. Many factors can cause non-screening of projects, though we do our best to eliminate them.
*Rules are subject to change due to current circumstances (Covid-19).
* We are the sister festival to Japan Indies Film Festival and Raindance Japan.
*Trophies are awarded to winners who attend the live event. If you cannot attend, please download the "Winner" Laurel that will be sent to you. And use it as you wish.