Partnered with ODEON cinemas, join us for the National Youth Film Awards ceremony, honouring the best student and graduate talent in the film industry.
Winners are selected by a panel of judges with international recognition.
2023 Jury will be announced soon!
2022 Jury included:
• Edger Wright - Directer, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Last night in Soho
• Peter Baynham - Oscar Nominated Screen Writer, Borat, Wrong’s Gone Wrong
• Charlie Rowe - Actor, Rocket Man, TV Series Salvation
• Simon Bird - Actor, The Inbetweeners, Friday Night Dinner
• Yasmin Khudhairi - Actor, Killing Eve, Ackley Bridge
• Ben Palmer - Director, The Inbetweeners, Bo Selecta, Man Up
• Philip Méheux BSC - BAFTA nominated Cinematographer, Casino Royale, Golden Eye
• Jess Loveland - Head of BBC Writers Room and BBC Drama Commissioning
• Philippa Cousins - BAFTA Award Winning Director and UKTV’s Drama Commissioner
• Keri Collins - BAFTA Award winning Director and Writer
• Noel Goodwin - Head of BFI Future Film Festival
• Dan Hubbard - Casting Director, Downton Abbey, The Bourne Ultimatum, Captain Phillips
• Anuree De Silva - Film Editor, Trainspotting, Christmas Survival
• Kalaiyashni Puvanendran - Diversity & Inclusion Programme Delivery Partner at ITV
• Yero Timi-Biu - Writer and Director, BBC, Netflix
• Sanjivi Krishnan - Production Officer at Film London
• Sean Gascoine, Talent Agent, United Agents
• Freya Parks - Actor, The School for Good and Evil, Les Misérables
• Alison Newman - Actor, Writer and Creator of TV series Harlots
• Adam Morse - Actor and Director, Lucid, and apple TV’s SEE
• Vicky Alcock - Actor, Bad Girls, People Just Do Nothing
• Zoë Rocha - Producer and founder of RubyRock Pictures
• Sean Barton - Film Editor The Star Wars trilogy, Return of the Jedi, Quadrophenia
• Sue Jones - Casting Directer, Nil By Mouth, The Fifth Kind
• Paul Alexander - Comedy Writer, My Hero, Red Dwarf, My Parents Are Aliens
• Matt Smith - Head of Theatrical at Lionsgate UK
• Derek Suter - Cinematographer, Superman 3, The Last Detective
• Sade Adeniran - Novelist and Filmmaker, and winner of the Commonwealth Writers' Prize
• Lauren Pizzicaroli - Strategist, The Film Festival Doctor
• Megan Purvis - Actor, Hilda, Vera, Evil Genie
• Sheila David - Book to Screen Agent, Darley Anderson
• Matt Lewis, Award-Winning Cinematographer, Boiling Point
Receiving a National Youth Film Award is an acknowledgement of outstanding young film talent and the awards will celebrate the work of the best young filmmakers and actors aged 16 - 29 across the UK
Situated on Leicester Square in London’s West End, at the world famous ODEON Luxe theatre. It's hosted a number of premiers for the films you love such as Mission Impossible, & Toy Story. We are delighted to call it the home of the National Youth Film Awards.
A W A R D C AT E G O R I E S
• Best Short Film
• Best Music Video
• Best Director
• Best Original Screenplay
• Best Actor
• Best Cinematography
• Best Editing
• Best Original Music
SPECIAL AND OVERALL AWARDS
• Outstanding contribution to the development of young film talent
• Lifetime Achievement
• Best Film
• SetReady best Film award
• Rising Star Award
FULL TERMS & CONIDTIONS FOUND USING THE LINK BELOW
BASIC RULES OF ENTRY
*You must have been aged 16 to 29 years old between 1st January 2021 and 30th June 2023 during the production period and a Resident of the UK during the production period
*All entries must have been produced between 1st January 2021 and 30th June 2023
*Industry professionals, including freelancers, may submit. However, submitted films must be produced in a non-commercial capacity. Any films that are made with the intent of sales and promotion of a product, service, or brand will not be accepted
*Must be a live action film we do not currently accept animation, documentary or music videos.
*The film must have a duration between 8-30 minutes.
*Submission must be made by the applicant who may either be The named producer, director, Education facility or any other Copyright owner of the film
*The applicant can make more than one application per film
*The National Youth Film Awards are non exclusive. Submissions made to other film festivals and awards are eligible to participate.
*All submissions must be received no later than 2359hrs (GMT) on 30th June 2022.
* All non-English submissions must have English subtitles.
* The selection of the jury panel and the judging process shall be at the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion. Each Applicant shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by the Organiser in relation to National Youth Film Awards , including and not limited to, the Terms and Conditions, evaluation criteria and the awarding of prizes. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained.
*Any decision made by the Organiser in relation to the conduct of National Youth Film Awards is final, binding and conclusive and will not be challenged on any grounds, including without limitation, grounds that the Organiser failed to act reasonably or fairly.