Congratulations to all our 2020 selections, award nominees, and winners!
Submissions for #NZWF21 will open on 1 February 2021.
Since 2015 NZ Web Fest has curated and celebrated online entertainment. Since 2017 the festival has been a proud participant in the Web Series World Cup.
We accept submissions in open, international and New Zealand categories. NZ Web Fest also runs a Pitch competition, which accepts submissions in August and September. Follow our social media channels for info.
#NZWF21 will present awards, information about which is noted in individual category listings. Some categories are open to NZ entries only, some to non-NZ entries only, and some to all-comers.
All award winners receive trophies, and we have a small selection of other prizes from sponsors as noted.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Winners of three of our Best Show categories will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 375 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
*** Please note ***
We DO NOT offer fee waivers or discounts, except as part of promotions (follow our social media channels for these), or as part of arrangements with partner festivals. Don't waste your time asking :)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By submitting to the NZ Web Fest, you:
a. acknowledge you have read, understood and agreed to these terms & conditions
b. confirm you own or hold appropriate rights to all content submitted, including licensed material eg music.
c. release NZ Web Fest from any and all claims and/or liabilities arising from NZ Web Fest's use of material submitted
2. Submissions made to NZ Web Fest are valid on receipt by NZ Web Fest or its agents of all required material and payment of the submission fee, if any.
3. All submissions not in English must be subtitled in English.
4. Submission does not guarantee selection. Submissions are final. They may not be withdrawn, and fees are not refundable.
5. By submitting you grant NZ Web Fest non-exclusive rights to:
a. use still images and clips of up to 30 seconds each from your submission(s) for the purposes of documenting and promoting NZ Web Fest
b. screen your submission (in whole or part) during NZ Web Fest
6. NZ Web Fest decisions on selection, awards nomination and judging are final and binding.
7. In the event of any dispute with NZ Web Fest, NZ laws shall apply.
8. PLEASE also read category-specific T&C in the list below CATEGORIES AND FEES