Moscow Kurdish Film Festival 2021 will be held in the capital of Russia for the first time. The festival will show films reflecting Kurdish culture and history, as well as modern life of the nation.
Moscow Kurdish Film Festival 2021 will not have awards or nominations, therefore jury duties are not applied to this years festival. Each selected film will receive a certificate of participation at the venue.
Our Rules and Terms of the Moscow Kurdish Film Festival 2021 must be read in full prior to your submission.
1. Submitted films are to be in MP4, DCP or MOV format and have English subtitles, if the film is not in English or Russian.
2. The narrative or subject matter of the submitted films should deal with explicitly Kurdish themes. Features are any film over 60 mins. Short films are 25 mins and under.
3. To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us. By submitting you confirm that you own all the rights, and you grant us the right to publish your trailer, film poster on our website, Facebook page, Instagram page. Your data will never be shared with 3rd parties.
4. The festival does not accept films that are in open online access.
5. Deadline for submissions is 1 March 2021 (00:00).
6. 1st Moscow Kurdish Film Festival (2021) will not have awards or nominations, therefore jury duties are not applied to this years festival. Each selected film will receive a certificate of participation at the venue.
7. For each selected film the following materials should be sent to the Festival’s email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2021,:
- Digital copy of the movie for subtitling in MP4, DCP or MOV format via WeTransfer.com ;
- File with subtitles in Russian, English or the original language in SRT format;
- Biography and photo of the director;
- 2 Images from the film;
- Poster of the film;
- Movie trailer or teaser;