The Misty Moon International Film Festival is back again this Halloween, for another year of fantastic indie films and will be held on Saturday the 26th October at London's 'The Cinema Museum', a venue of significant cultural importance within England's capital city.
We are looking for short films of all genres to be submitted, but as it is near Halloween and our judges are made up of actors and industry professionals from well know horror films we would appreciate a smattering of short horrors as well.
The hosts will be announced shortly.
Celebrity judges include:
• Emma Dark - Director/Actor (Salient Minus Ten, Seize the Night, Frankula)
• Judy Matheson - Actor (Twins of Evil, Lust for a Vampire, Crucible of Terror)
• Ben Peyton (The Bill)
• Dawn Perllman - Actor (The Omen, The Sweeney, Only Fools & Horses)
• Graham Humphreys - Artist (A Nightmare On Elm Street, Evil Dead)
With more to be announced...
Here is a link to a short promo video recorded by Henry D.C. Williams at the 1st Misty Moon International Film Festival: https://vimeo.com/53084247
There will be four awards, audience winner, judge's winner The Fenella Fielding OBE Award and The Dudley Sutton Award. Each of the winners will receive an engraved trophy.
Each of the finalists will get a chance to meet the judging panel on the night.
Participation in The Misty Moon International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of the following Guidelines and Regulations.
Please note The Festival is not obliged to view entries received after the Submission Deadline. If your secure online link and/or password has changed and you do not inform us of the change, you risk your film not being previewed and considered for the festival.
The Misty Moon International Film Festival (“MMIFF” or “the Festival”) accepts submissions of films up to 25 minutes long.
Requirements for eligibility for 2019 selection:
• The film was completed after January 1, 2015.
• All applicable licenses and waivers of copyrights, moral rights, trademarks and other such intellectual property rights have been secured by the filmmaker(s) .
• All applicable legal waivers have been obtained from all participants .
• Exhibition print(s) will be complete and available for screening at The Cinema Museum in London on Saturday the 26th October, 2019.
• Exhibition print(s) must be made available on DVD or Blu-Ray. We do not have 3D capability.
PREVIEW SCREENERS ACCEPTED AS SECURE ONLINE LINKS ONLY.
Please do not change the link address or password. If you do, please notify us immediately or you risk your film not being previewed and thus considered for the festival.
Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English.
The filmmakers are responsible for the accuracy of all submitted materials. The Festival accepts no liability in the event that its publications reproduce errors or omissions in submitted materials. All enclosures are mandatory and must be included for an entry to be complete.
Submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Preference will be given to submissions that have not been distributed/screened theatrically or broadcast on television prior to the 2019 Festival. All submissions are screened and evaluated by MMIFF Preview and Selection Committees. Their reports and decisions are final and confidential.
MMIFF Programmers make final selections and determine in which section they are presented. Designation of a selected film’s program category, exhibition date, time(s), and location is at the sole discretion of the Festival. In addition, the entrant grants MMIFF the right to exhibit the selected film twice during the Festival, in addition to daytime Press and Jury screenings (closed to the public).
Upon notification of selection, the entrant agrees to supply MMIFF with publicity materials and grants the Festival the right to utilise such materials for promotional purposes and to broadcast and/or screen clips.
The following is a list of materials required for each film ONCE accepted at the Festival:
• EPK (electronic press kit includes: synopsis, filmmaker bio etc..)
• Select promotional clips and/or film trailer
• (1) DVD or Blu-Ray, clean of watermarks and warnings for projection
• Maximum of 3 High resolution promo images
• Film website / social media page or trailer URL
Applicants will be notified by email regarding the results of the Festival’s selection process by 4th October, 2019.
Please do not contact the Programming Department regarding the status of your submission before that date.
Upon invitation, participants will be contacted via email by MMIFF with specific shipping instructions. Short films must arrive by the 15th October 2019. Incoming shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the participant unless otherwise negotiated. Invited films must be shipped pre-paid, with all the necessary commercial invoices and customs paid, with return (or next festival) shipping information including the name of your preferred courier company and your account number.
Accepted formats for exhibition:
• DVD, and/or Blu-Ray.
Packages should be clearly marked, “Without commercial value. Non pornographic. For cultural purposes only. On Loan From Country of Origin”.