Midnight West Fest is entering it's fourth year, and we want your genre submissions! This year, we'll be at The Historic Atlas Theatre for three days of independent film celebration! Friday night will kick off with live music, followed by an evening of comedy submissions. Saturday starts with High-Noon for our drama and action submissions, rounding out with another live preformance. From 6 that night until 3 in the morning runs After Dark, set aside for our horror and grindhouse fans. Sunday will be family day, featuring our G and PG equivalent submissions as well as interactive filmmaking workshops for ages 6-14.
Located in the heart of Downtown Cheyenne, our festival is mere blocks from a number of local restaurants and bars, as well as many of the historic and cultural landmarks of our Capitol City.
15% of all ticket sales will be donated to Cheyenne Little Theatre Players for the upkeep and maintenance of The Historic Atlas Theatre.
We currently are not offering awards or prizes this year.
1. Legal Right to the Submission: From a legal stand-point, you must clear all trademarked and/or copyrighter materials included in your project before you can exhibit it publicly. Midnight West Fest, Midnight West Productions, and their affiliates does not verify you have obtained clearance for these materials at any point during the application process, nor will we be held responsible for any inclusion of untrademarked or copyrighted materials in your projects. It is the sole responsibility of the submitting entity to secure the permission from the trademark or copyright holders of the material in questions; whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could potentially violate an existing trademark or copyright. Projects that are accepted into the Festival must sign a waiver stating that all materials contained within the project do not violate any existing trademark or copyright. You must be 18 to submit to this festival, or 15 with a signed custodial guardian permission form, and they must additionally sign the trademark/copyright waiver.
2. Independently Produced: Your project must have been independently produced to be eligible for consideration. An independent film/movie, indie film/movie, is a feature film or short film that is produced outside the major film studio system, in addition to being produced and distributed by independent entertainment companies
3. Categories: The Films will be categorized according to the discretion of the Festival Directors, with the intention of showing a diverse selection. Please note the categories listed are general descriptions, and submissions are not limited to the genres listed. Each category is loosely organized by rating equivalency.
4. Length Requirements: Submission must be a minimum of 2 minutes in length and are limited to a final run time of 180 minutes.
5. Submission Fee Waivers: To keep our submission process as thorough and unbiased as possible, we do not offer fee waivers to potential applicants. While we would love to eliminate submission fees, the process of viewing submissions, and hosting the event is very costly. As we are in independent production company, the submission fees are necessary to fund the event itself.
6. Method of Submission: You must submit your film in a downloadable file via www.filmfreeway.com/midnightwest fest. If you would prefer to submit a physical copy, they must be mailed on a single DVD/Blueray disk to the following address. Please note that physical copies are not returned. Due to issues with streaming reliability, streamed copies will not be allowed.