Middle Coast Film Festival is a filmmaker forward festival in Chicago that expects and presents high-quality films for our high-quality audience of film nerds and non-film nerds alike.
The Middle Coast Film Festival screens films in competition five categories: Narrative Feature and Shorts, Documentary Feature and Shorts, Episodic, and Web Series.
Films 49 minutes or less are considered short films; 50 minutes or longer are considered feature films.
Submissions are accepted in only one of the categories.
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations in order to be considered eligible for the 2018 Middle Coast Film Festival.
2. Films completed prior to 12/31/2016 are not eligible for competition entry.
3. Films with prior distribution and/or that have been exhibited publicly for profit in the central Indiana region are not eligible for submission for competition with the Middle Coast Film Festival.
4. Feature-length films with ongoing (or infinite-run) online distribution or availability (via iTunes, etc.) are not eligible for competition entry. Films with finite or limited availability (i.e. an online only film festival) or via independent distribution (i.e. filmmaker’s own website) remain competition eligible.
5. Non-English language films must be subtitled in English to be eligible for entry.
6. Films that require a screening fee for exhibition are eligible for submission, but not eligible for category or Grand Jury prize consideration.
7. Films must be available for screening at the Middle Coast Film Festival 09/22/18 through 10/22/19; an exhibition copy and Region-free NTSC DVD back-up copy must be in possession of the Middle Coast Film Festival this entire time.
SUBMISSION POLICIES AND PROCESSES
SUBMIT DIRECTLY THROUGH FilmFreeway!!!
POLICIES UPON ACCEPTANCE
1. Accepted films will be notified via email at the address included in the FilmFreeway submission form.
a. Please add the email address email@example.com email to an accepted senders list to ensure receipt of festival emails, our primary mode of communication.
2. Filmmakers (or primary contact) will be required to submit a consent form ensuring an absence of any legal or rights issues, and indemnifying the Middle Coast Film Fest of any liabilities that may arise out of screening with the festival.
3. Consent form contractually confirms the film for screening at the Middle Coast Film Fest.
4. Upon acceptance, filmmakers (or primary film contact) will provide the following by the dates specified by festival organizers:
a. An exhibition copy in one of the following formats (*Should any issues arise regarding the availability of the intended exhibition copy, films will be screened as scheduled from a format left to the discretion of festival organizers, most likely the DVD submission copy.):
iv. (For Short Films Only) QuickTime 1080p HD 8 bit uncompressed or Apple ProRes file (or equivalent)
b. Three (3) additional screening copies or a password protected digital copy, through an external URL- Vimeo, personal website, etc,.of the completed film, for jurying purposes.
c. One DVD/Blu-ray copy of the final, completed film for archiving in the Middle Coast Film Fest program library.
d. Press Materials as itemized in the Filmmaker Info & Consent Form.
5. Filmmakers are responsible for shipping costs associated with delivering all materials to the MCFF. The MCFF may assume the cost of return shipping HDCam tapes following the run of the festival, should arrangements be made to do so.
6. The Middle Coast Film Festival reserves the right to rescind acceptance of any film should eligibility status change.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your film with the Middle Coast Film Festival! Should you have any questions regarding this process or your film’s eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org