COVID-19 Scheduling Announcement
For the safety of attendees and staff, the 2020 Melrose Film Festival will be presented virtually in September. Look for announcements regarding the festival’s online presence and offerings soon.
Driven by innovation and creativity the Melrose Film Festival highlights the work of imaginative filmmakers across the globe. Our annual festival is dedicated to celebrating the art of visual storytelling in short films, animation and music videos. Join us as we celebrate the art of filmmaking with screenings, industry panels and Q/A sessions at our main screening event at the Melrose Center in Downtown Orlando. Select films will then travel to Libraries throughout the Orange County Library System showcasing the work of each filmmaker. Come share your stories at the Melrose Film Festival.
- Accepted projects will have their film showcased at the Melrose Center in Downtown Orlando. This event includes Industry Panels and Q/A sessions with select Filmmakers and Industry Professionals. Select Films will then travel to Libraries throughout the Orange County Library System showcasing the work of each filmmaker.
- Official Selection: All films chosen to screen at the festival will receive one digital certificate with laurels.
- A prize and digital certificate with laurels will be awarded to a single film, screened at the Melrose Center, in each category.
- Audience Choice Award: The audience choice award is given to a locally produced film, screened on the day of the Melrose Festival with the most overall votes from the viewing audience.
- Films must adhere to the standard G and PG rating, outlined with the Motion Picture Association of America film rating system. These are noted as such: Rated G: General Audiences – all ages admitted. Rated PG: Parental Guidance Suggested – some material may not be suitable for children.
- Please keep your submissions to 1 project per filmmaker.
- Multiple submissions will be disqualified.
- Prior submissions to the Melrose Film Festival are not permitted.
- Films should stay at or under 10 min in total length.
- All films should have been completed with in the last 2 years.
- All work submitted should have appropriate clearance, rights and agreement to be submitted and screened. By submitting the film, the person guarantees these permissions and clearances have been obtained.
- Please include subtitles for non-English language films.
- Melrose Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission.
- Orange County Library System holds the rights to screen films more than once.
- Films will be scheduled at the discretion of the Melrose Film Festival.
- Films produced or financed by a major motion picture studio are not eligible to submit.
- Orange County Library System does not guarantee films to be screened at all Orange County Library System Branches.
- Special consideration for filmmakers in the state of Florida and who can attend.
- Decisions made by the Judges are final. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide feedback.
- All entries and appropriate forms should be completed and submitted by the final deadline.
- Entrants must provide a working e-mail address to receive Official Selection Certificate.
- The Melrose Film Festival will make every effort to review each film submitted. However, if the number of films submitted reaches a point beyond which we would be unable to effectively do so, we reserve the right to omit subsequent entries from review.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- By submitting your entry form, you are granting the Orange County Library permission to use any and all material submitted to promote and publicize events and festivals held by Orange County Library System.
- All Films submitted must be submitted electronically through FilmFreeway.
- Films must provide a password to view films on privately locked platforms.
- Films should be shot in HD or higher and compatible to view on HD devices.
- Films should be connected to FilmFreeway via an online platform with a working screener attached to your profile.
- Filmmakers must provide a high resolution poster.