THE NON-ELITIST MOVIE CELEBRATION THAT WELCOMES ALL FILM AND TV PROJECTS FROM ALL FILM AND TV GENRES...
WE ARE NON-ELITIST AND NON-POLITICAL, AND WELCOME ENTRIES FROM ALL FILM AND TV PROJECTS, FROM ALL FILM AND TV GENRES AROUND THE GLOBE.
WHY CHOOSE US?
There are many perks to submitting your project to the 'MegaFlix Film Awards', which include: -
* A guarantee that your project will be viewed and judged by an international panel of industry professionals from the world of film and television, from both in front and behind the camera, with a wealth of connections to numerous main-stream television networks, distributors and media outlets.
* This is an IMDb approved festival.
* Automatic selection for all submissions.
* The potential for publicity through interviews on established genre-specific YouTube channels and podcasts.
* The potential for reviews to be published in a range of media forms with a range of media outlets, including magazines, online, and in British national newspapers.
* A non-elitist approach which welcomes all filmmakers and films.
* Discount on submission for FilmFreeway Gold members.
* The creators of the most exceptional submissions may be invited to join the judging panel for the next season of the festival, offering a potential opportunity to gain experience behind the scenes of the judging process and live film screenings.
* A great opportunity to have your project catch the eyes of international distributors.
THE ORIGINS OF MEGAFLIX
The 'MegaFlix Film Awards' is the sister film awards event of the 'International Fortean Film Festival', and was originally created as a platform to celebrate non-Fortean submissions which were occasionally and inadvertently submitted by filmmakers unaware of the festival's specific genre.
It operated as a separate entity for the first season, using the same infrastructure as the 'Fortean Film Festival', but with a smaller judging panel and no public film screenings, offering only a judging process with multi-level awards. The second season saw the MegaFlix Film Awards first in-person live event, and the third season saw the introduction of a published review service. Now, in our fourth season we remain focused on our commitment to excellent customer service, rapid communication, and promoting independent filmmakers around the world. From Hollywood to Bollywood, the MegaFlix Film Awards truly welcomes all independent films and filmmakers!
The 'MegaFlix Film Awards' is also IMDb approved, and is listed separately from the 'Fortean Film Festival'.
For our 2024 season, we will continue to offer published reviews but will also return to a live event format with a multi-level award structure, with awards at Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels, as well as Honorable Mentions.
A free trophy will be available for the winner of the 'Jury's Award for Best of Show' which will be presented to the makers of the winning film at the live event.
Additionally we offer automatic official selection for all entries which meet the submission criteria as outlined in the 'Rules & Terms' section below.
Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any material submitted is appropriately licensed for use.
All films submitted must be in English or have English subtitles included.
Films submitted must have been completed after 1st January 2016 (unless special permissions are sought from the festival organisers), and must also be delivered in HD.
We will accept links to online versions of your film. You may enter a password protected link for Vimeo, or an unlisted/private link for YouTube when completing the submission form via FilmFreeway. Links must remain active for the duration of the festival.
All entrants must consent to having their work downloaded.
MegaFlix Film Awards reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission.
All entries selected into the MegaFlix Film Awards grant the MegaFlix Film Awards the right to use any footage from the preview screener and all material included in their submission for promotional purposes, without limitations for perpetuity.
SUBMISSION CHECKLIST: -
Completed submission form, submitted electronically via FilmFreeway.
For best chance of selection entrants should aim to include a poster for their film, an electronic press kit, and a trailer (where possible); as well as a link to a secured online screener for your film that is accessible for the duration of the festival.
Ensure that entry fees are paid; these are non-refundable.