“The Manhattan Film Festival is one the best film festivals on the East coast. It is a festival about films and filmmakers-they just really care. The prestigious New York City environment mixed with the caring down to earth nature of the festival coordinators make this Fest a Filmmaker best possible partner-don't miss out on it or the great community you can be a part of at MFF” says Director Jamison M. LoCascio (The Depths).
As an organization founded by independent filmmakers, we continue to find new ways to help independent filmmakers pursue a career in filmmaking. While we work with some of the biggest names in the film industry, every year we work to program a diverse film lineup that includes student, emerging, and established talent. Other than unique situations, every official selection is a submitted film. We book some of the best venues in New York City including commercial theater Cinema Village and the Empire State Building serves as our year round home and host to panel discussions and workshops.
The festival is covered by local, national, and international media outlets. This includes The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Good Morning America, The New York Times, as well as international outlets such as The Sun, BBC, and The Guardian. The festival has been named both “25 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” and “The Coolest Film Festivals in the World” by MovieMaker Magazine.
• All film submissions are non-returnable unless sent with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
• If a film is accepted, filmmakers will be responsible for delivering their exhibition materials by a date determined by the festival or to and from festival venues.
• The Manhattan Film Festival is not liable for submission or exhibition materials which are lost or damaged.
• Filmmaker must have all clearances including trademark and/or copyrighted materials shown must have authorized permission. Filmmaker remains entirely liable for any claims that may occur in result of screening the film.
• Filmmaker authorizes the Manhattan Film Festival permission to screen their film at the festival.
• The festival must receive the exhibition copy by the date specified in order to screen the film