Manhattan Film Festival lead the way during Covid-19 and was the first major film festival to be safely hosted back inside a movie theater. The festival will again be hosted at Cinema Village just steps from Union Square. The famous Cinema Village marquee has been featured in film and television productions including Martin Scorsese’s “The Departed” and David Chase’s “The Sopranos.”
The 16th annual Manhattan Film Festival will be highlighted by “Distribution Strategies and Solutions.” This will take place live at the festival and will also be broadcasted and available to all participants. In addition to distribution, the festival will host workshops to help bring new independent productions to Manhattan spaces which were recently vacated due the pandemic.
MFF has been named by MovieMaker Magazine as one of the “Coolest Film Festivals in the World,” “25 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee,” and ‘Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals” on FilmFreeway!
2021 alumni Jonathan Fisher said “Can't say enough about Lucy and the team at the MFF! They were determined to put on a live festival and came through with flying colors!” Carlos Antonio Leon added “Wonderful times were had!! Thank you for the love!!! First post pandemic LIVE event we go to and it was 100% worth it!!! Thank you for having us!” Nela Wagman wrote “Very caring, dedicated staff, who worked extremely hard to bring a live festival back to Manhattan in 2021, and they succeeded.”
• All film submissions are non-returnable unless sent with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
• If a film is accepted, filmmakers will be responsible for delivering their exhibition materials by a date determined by the festival or to and from festival venues.
• The Manhattan Film Festival is not liable for submission or exhibition materials which are lost or damaged.
• Filmmaker must have all clearances including trademark and/or copyrighted materials shown must have authorized permission. Filmmaker remains entirely liable for any claims that may occur in result of screening the film.
• Filmmaker authorizes the Manhattan Film Festival permission to screen their film at the festival.
• The festival must receive the exhibition copy by the date specified in order to screen the film