Madurai International Documentary and Short Film Festival is one of the oldest documentary film festivals in India. Started in 1998, we have been successfully organising this festival annually to introduce and nurture documentary and short film culture in and around Madurai, one of the oldest cities in the world. Our event is an inclusive, democratic, local, independent and a small event with a purpose. By showing films at multiple venues, we reach out to the audiences who would otherwise miss out such opportunities.
We are proud to introduce a competition for Indian documentaries and short films to celebrate out 25th / silver jubilee edition.
Competition for Indian Documentaries and short films.
1) Best Indian Long documentary (60 min and above) : Rs.25,000/- cash award and a certificate
2) Best Indian Medium length documentary (40-59 min) : Rs.25,000/- cash award and a certificate
3) Best Indian Short documentary (up to 39 min) : Rs.25,000/- cash award and a certificate
4) Best Indian short film (up to 20 min) : Rs.25,000/- cash award and a certificate
5) Best Tamil short film (up to 20 min) : Rs.25,000/- cash award and a certificate
1) Competitive event
2) No screening fee
3) Will be held offline depending upon the local administrative situation; if the local administration does not allow offline / physical event, the festival will be conducted online.
4) Downloadable links / files should be sent for the selection
5) Local stay will be provided to the filmmakers of the selected films, if the festival takes place offline
6) No travel support will be provided to the filmmakers who attend the film festival, if the festival takes place offline
7) Films that promote or support hatred will not be admitted
8) Discussions will be organized via online if the filmmakers can't attend the festival
9) The films should have subtitles in English (if required)
10) Entry fee will not be returned.