“My Kenya My Story” is a competition for short Kenyan films shot exclusively using mobile phones targeting film makers, film enthusiasts and amateur film makers. The competition seeks to inspire creativity among film makers in the country and to widen the scope of film making. It aims to bring together Kenyans from all walks of life who have a mobile phone, an interest in film, have a Kenyan story and are interested to share it.
The Theme is Social Economic Impact of Covid-19.
There will be cash prizes as follows:
1. Winner - Ksh 200,000
2. 1st runner up - Ksh 150,000
3. 2nd runner up - Ksh 100,000
1. Citizenship: Kenyan citizens.
2. Submissions: Submitted films must have been produced in Kenya.
3. Age of participants: 18 years and above.
4. Genre: All with the tagline being My Kenya My Story
5. Length of the films: 3-5 minutes (max) including opening and closing credits.
8. Language of films: Submissions should be in English or any other Kenyan language. English subtitles will be required for ALL submissions, including those with English dialogue.
9. There is no set number of film entries per person or group.
10. Participants MUST submit their entries together with a signed RELEASE FORM. The release form can be accessed through this link (copy the URL on a browser) : https://kenyafilmcommission.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/2021-MY-KENYA-MY-STORY-MOBILE-PHONE-FILM-COMPETITION-SUBMISSION-FORM.pdf
11. All documents should be submitted through FilmFreeway i.e release forms, posters, synopsis etc
TERMS OF DISQUALIFICATION:
1. Device used is not a mobile phone.
2. The film exceeds 5 minutes.
3. The film features provocative aspects: nudity, extreme violence.
4. The film is uncensored; strong language.
5. The film does not have English subtitles.
6. The film is of poor quality.
MODE OF SUBMISSION:
1. Submitted films must be in 1080 HD file (.MP4 format or .MOV format) video in wide screen.
2. Submitted films should be uploaded online on FilmFreeway. Ensure that you allow access of your video for download purposes.
3. Public voting will be done via Kenya Film Commission online platforms.
4. All participants should submit a synopsis and a poster for their film.
5. Upload pictures of crew members on FilmFreeway.
6. Stock footage not allowed. This includes: third party music, images, photos and graphics.
7. Insistence on originality of content (not submitted elsewhere etc). Anything submitted last year should not be used.
8. Inclusion of period of production, i.e Copyright May 2021.
9. Behind-the-scenes mobile phone footage and pictures will be required for each submitted film.