The Minnesota WebFest is the first and only film festival in the upper midwest dedicated to online web series. We seek out the best web series content worldwide to bring into Minnesota, and we seek to showcase the best web series talent Minnesota has to offer. We look for all genres from all perspectives.
New for year 2: A pilots competition! Got an episode or 2, but not a full season? Submit it for the pilots!
Awards & Prizes
Best Overall Web Series
Best Foreign (non-US) Web Series
Audience Choice Award
Best Ensemble Cast
Best Minnesota Web Series
Best Representation of Minnesota
Best Representation of Communities of Color
Best Representation of Women
Best Representation of LGBTQ Communities
Best Student Web Series
Best Narrative Vlog
Rules & Terms
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Select the genre category that best suits your content.
2. If your film was made in Minnesota or by a Minnesota resident, indicate "Made in Minnesota".
3. If your film deals with Minnesota subject-matter (Minnesota people, geography, communities), indicate "About Minnesota".
4. If your Minnesota film specifically addresses Iron Range stories, indicate "Iron Range" as well.
5a. FOR SEASONS: Submit content from any single season of your web series.You may not submit content from a season that has previously been submitted to the Minnesota WebFest. The more of your season we can look at, the better we're able to make decisions regarding official selections and judging.
5b. FOR PILOTS: Submit your first episode ("pilot") ONLY.
6. Submit all required information and pay the required fee(s) in accordance with the relevant submission window.
All submitted content must satisfy the following requirements:
-The content must have been developed for online audiences. Non-exclusive development for online audiences is sufficient.
-The content must be submitted by a creator/producer aged 18 or older.
-If your content is unfinished or pending distribution, you may submit password-protected unreleased content or Works in Progress for consideration. You can add a password to protect your video uploads on your FilmFreeway project page. If selected, you must have a screening file available by August 15, 2018.
-The season in question must have first screened or appeared online after January 1, 2016.
-The content must include English subtitles to accompany any important dialogue or visual references that are not spoken or written in English.
6. We are looking only for WEB SERIES content. In other words, serialized content of any genre targeted for online distribution. You must have three episodes ready for distribution to be considered a web series. EXCEPTION: Pilot competition submissions may consist of a single pilot episode.
7. INELLIGIBLE CONTENT
The following content formats are not eligible for screening during Minnesota WebFest and will be rejected regardless of their adherence to any other requirements:
-Corporate videos promoting a product or service
-Short or feature films
1. All submitters must submit their content to Minnesota WebFest through FilmFreeway.
2. All submitters must submit to at least 1 genre category.
3. A single submission may be considered for more than one genre category provided that an additional entry with additional submission fee paid for each additional genre category.
4. Multiple projects may be submitted for consideration provided that an additional submission fee is paid for each entry.
5. All submission fees are non-refundable.
6. Submitting does not guarantee your series as an Official Selection of Minnesota WebFest 2018.
7. The Festival prefers that the submitter is the creator/producer of the project, however in order to submit content on the behalf of its creator/producer, the contact information of the primary creator/producer must be provided in order to document them as the festival’s main point of contact.
8. The submitter must have obtained legal copyright to publicly screen their submitted content and all intellectual property contained therein including, but not limited to, music, lyrics, written work, photos, video content, artwork, and media excerpts.
9. Attendance at Minnesota WebFest is free of charge.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
-Minnesota WebFest reserves the right to amend these Guidelines at any time.
-Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will lead to disqualification.
-Disqualification will not entitle a submitter to a refund of the submission fee.
-By submitting your content, you represent that you have acquired all legal rights to publicly screen all content within your submission.
-Minnesota WebFest reserves the right to determine screening conditions for all Official Selections.
-Minnesota WebFest reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to add content advisory disclaimers to any content screened, if deemed necessary, for any reason.
-If a submitter’s content is selected, a Notice of Official Selection shall be emailed to the to the email address provided by the submitter in their FilmFreeway profile on the notification date.
-Announcements identifying the Official Selections will be posted online on the Minnesota WebFest website and social media channels on the notification date.
-If you have any questions about your eligibility, contact us and we will assess your submission on a case-by-case basis.
-Minnesota WebFest participants agree to not hold Minnesota WebFest, the Northern Film Alliance, its employees, directors and representatives responsible for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
-All state & federal laws apply.