India has Bollywood, Mithibai has Mithiwood. It is Mithibai's only International Intercollegiate Film Festival. The festival was launched in 2019 with great exuberance and continuing this year with the same energy the festival is back with exciting new events that will leave the audience enthralled. This festival gives an opportunity for all the young film enthusiasts to portray their talents and learn at the same time. We organize events, live shows and many more interesting sessions with prominent personalities. So don't miss this three days extravaganza and unleash your inner cinephile. The fest is postponed until further notice due to covid guidelines.
- All individuals involved in film creation (directors, cinematographers, editors, scriptwriters, sound designers) who are pursuing their undergraduate or masters degree, currently enrolled, or graduated in the past year are eligible to submit their films to the festival. Actors and other crew members involved in the film may be non - students.
- There is no restriction on the number of students participating from an institution.
Submitting a copy of student identity cards is mandatory and a necessary requirement at the time of submission.
- The film can be in any language but needs to have English subtitles, even if the film is in English itself.
- We encourage creativity and new ideas, thus, there is complete freedom to pick a theme for your film.
- Students may use any camera/technology available to them.
- Projection-worthy picture/sound quality is preferred.
- The filmmaker is responsible for ensuring that they have full copyright over their submitter film.
- While students have complete freedom in selecting a film’s theme, story, approach, and style, all laws of the land need to be respected (including those relating to obscenity, defamation, copyright, and inciting communal disharmony). The final call regarding the content shall be taken by the jury members.
- However, MITHIWOOD reserves the right to use the material with due credit in any way it deems fit for promoting its activities including Film Festival.
- Mithiwood reserves the right to change its rules and regulations at its sole discretion and to disqualify any film with unauthorized use of copyrighted material.
- There are 2 film categories that you can submit your film to: Student & Professional.
- Timings for both the categories is maximum of 30 minutes.
This time limit is inclusive of the time for titles and credits.
- The same film cannot be submitted to two different categories.
- There is no entry fee for submitting a film to Mithiwood.
- After the given deadline, entry for any short film will not be accepted.
- The announcement of shortlisted short films will be declared at the time of inauguration. The date and timings will be announced shortly. Follow our Instagram account for further updates.
- Disrespect shown to anyone will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Any kind of Adult content (18+, abusive language, nudity, etc.) is not allowed.
- All the personal details mentioned while registering should be true and fair, failing to which will lead to disqualification.