Born out of necessity in the first UK lockdown, LMFF VIRTUAL was unplanned, unfettered and unbelievable. We've now had three successive online festivals, each one reaching further into homes and community meeting places around the planet, and each with more fabulous world, outdoor and adventure sports films than the year before.
We are independent, international, inspirational and in your viewing device wherever you are for two weeks every year. Our product is a de-commercialised thriving arts environment in which the focus is 100% on the films submitted and the filmmakers who created them.
Our aim is always to bring our community more films for less cost and to be as accessible and inclusive as possible to talented filmmakers regardless of the resources at their disposal.
Don't miss us in 2023.
Awards for all Category Winners.
1. We will need a file which will be uploaded to our platform
2. Content should ideally be provided in the format of 16:9
3. Films should be delivered and submitted as 1920:1080p, 25 fps
4. Films with English subtitles should be submitted ready to view
• Films need only be entered once (you will be considered for all categories)
• We do not accept foreign language films unless sub-titled in English
• We do not operate geo-blocking - films can be viewed anywhere
• Only final cuts should be entered - no rough cuts, trailers etc
• All selected films are eligible to win the Festival Wildcard and People's Choice Awards
• Laurels will be sent to the director, producer or designated representative
• The Official Selection is by the Festival Director and LMFF Team
• Winners will be judged by a panel
• Winners will be announced during the Festival on social media
• Late entry is only possible by special agreement
• Only films completed in 2022 or 2023 may enter
• By submitting your entry you have accepted these rules
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• By submitting, Entrants have granted permission for their films to be streamed at the Festival
• If shortlisted, you agree that your film can be screened online at LMFF VIRTUAL without geo-blocking
• LMFF reserves the right to enter your film into an alternative category
• In submitting films the Copyright Holder will retain image copyright but is agreeing that LMFF may use images and film excerpts for promotional or documentary purposes
• In submitting films the Entrant warrants that all music, location and copyright licences have been obtained and all payments made in order to enable lawful public performance
• In submitting films the Entrant warrants that no material in the film is libellous, defamatory, slanderous or violates any right of privacy or publicity, copyright or moral rights of any person, film or corporation
• The Entrant agrees to indemnify Top Munro Ltd and the London Mountain Film Festival, and its directors, employees and agents, and hold them harmless from all claims, liability, losses, damages, costs, expenses, legal fees and penalties resulting or arising from a breach by the Entrant of any statement, representation or warranty made by the Entrant in their submission
• All submissions will be archived by the Festival and may be made available on demand via the Festival website or on tour at cinemas and other venues
• All film entries uploaded via FilmFreeway along with available film overview, credits, specifications and distributor information will be made accessible to LMFF judges
• The public may be charged a ticket fee to view the films. The entrant has no claim to this fee or any other assets or profits of the LMFF
• The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Festival organisers have final decision on any issues arising
• By submitting your entry you have agreed to these terms and conditions