'Celebrating Diversity in Film and Tv'
'An Event Made for Artists by Artists'
***** One of UK's Fastest Growing Independent Film Festivals
Check out our 2019 festival on the following links!
If you wish to submit multiple projects, please email us for discount codes.
Join our global network of Filmmakers, Actors, Directors, Producers, Writers, Photographers and everyone in between now! Be part of a huge and growing community. All filmmakers will be given the opportunity to grow their work and have their films seen by many more!
London City Film Awards aims to gather emerging talent not only from the UK but also from around the world as well. We have started this international film event to allow up and coming producers, directors, writers, and everyone in between to showcase their productions. The art scene and film scene in London and around the world can be very daunting and seemingly impossible to get into and get involved with.
London City Film Awards is the perfect new platform for budding filmmakers of all backgrounds. We are a film event made for artists by artists to exchange and celebrate the new work that is being made all around the world.
London City Film Awards aims to gather emerging talent not only from the United Kingdom but from around the world in one setting where we can enjoy the works of talented individuals. We welcome submissions from a range of genres including short films, documentaries, features, animations and screenplays.
All programmes with the final selection will be available one month prior to the festival!
If your film has been selected for screening, you will be contacted a month in advance!
Award winners will be announced at our festival!
All laurels will be available to download on our website.
You can apply for as many categories as you want!
Winners will receive Trophy Awards and Award Certificates at our Award Ceremony in London.
Select films may be provided with the opportunity to work with our partnering production companies.
Please email us if you need any information regarding anything else, which we have not mentioned!
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
& Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, when you submit to one other category!
Best Director, Best Student Director, Best Producer, and Best Editing when you submit to one other category!
2020 SCREENPLAY CONTEST
We are excited to announce our bigger and better screenplay competition which we will hold alongside our film festival in 2020!
To submit your Screenplays/Script make sure you have read the following.
1. The Screenplay/Script is a completed first draft.
2. The Screenplay/Script is between 80-120 pages (No longer/shorter).
3. The Screenplay/Script is written in English.
4. The Screenplay/Script is and must be the writers/authors original work, we do not accept adaptations.
5. The Screenplay/Script is written on or after 2014.
6. The Screenplay/Script can be in any genre.
7. Work must be produced by an individual. We encourage works also from Writers and Directors.
8. We accept from all corners of the world!
9. All Writers/Authors must be 18 years and over.
Each Script is reviewed by at least 3-4 Bilingual Script Readers & Editors
YOU MAY ASK FOR AN EXAMPLE SCREENPLAY REVIEW/CRITIQUE BY EMAILING US
You will also have the chance to network and promote your works with filmmakers, giving you the chance to grow your work.
Before you submit to our festival, check out our website and social media pages. You will be able to see all the previous projects and films that we have showcased at our festivals.
CHECK OUT OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES, JOIN AND SHARE WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR PROJECTS TO HELP GROW OUR COMMUNITY OF PROFESSIONALS
2 films will be awarded The Golden Bear Award for Exceptional work chosen by our 15 judges.
LCFA Jury Awards
The Golden Bear Award for Most Influential Film.
The Golden Bear Award for Most Culturally Diverse Cast.
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Animated Short
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Music Score
Best Feminist Film
Best LGBT Film
Best Action Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Sci-fi Film
2020 Awards include:
Best Feature Film, Best Short Film and Best Documentary (Feature, Short & Foreign)
Films that have been chosen to be screened will be notified two months prior to the festival.
Winners will receive the notable The London City Film Awards Trophy which will be engraved with your details.
Our new Golden Bear Award will be handed to the most exceptional film.
1. Films eligible for Official Selection will be notified before the notification date and are all eligible for nomination of their submitted categories.
2. Winners will receive Winner Laurels, Award Certificates, Trophies and Cash Prize.
3. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
4. We only accept Online screeners, and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital file only.
5. All films must have been made in or after 2011.
6. By submitting, the filmmaker allows to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website (we will not publish your film if you don't want us to!)
7. The entry fee is not refundable.
8. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the London City Film Awards.
9. All students must provide proof of student status within a week of submitting their film. If we do not receive this films will be disqualified.
10. For programming consideration, London City Film Awards only accepts online screeners (FilmFreeway or Vimeo via FilmFreeway). WE DO NOT ACCEPT DVD SUBMISSIONS.
11. After submitting, please check your FilmFreeway account to make sure that your submission meets our requirements and is 'In Consideration'. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is given.
12. London City Film Awards reserves the right to use images from films selected in Festival marketing purposes.
By agreeing to these terms, you warrant that you have read, understood, and agreed to the regulations of the London City Film Awards and that the information that you have supplied is correct.