The Living Skies Student Film Festival is an international short film festival based in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, showcasing student work from all over the world. The three-day event will take place in Spring 2022, and is an opportunity for the community to experience the emerging talent of local filmmakers, as well as to celebrate the work being done by film students across the country and globe. This event features programmed screenings, workshops, and lectures presented by leading artists and industry professionals. It is a cultural event, artistic outlet, and learning opportunity that culminates with an awards celebration at the University of Regina campus.
We have awards for Best Fiction Film, Best Experimental Film, Best Animation Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Performance, Best Graduate Film, Best of the Fest, and the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative Best of Saskatchewan.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- We will be accepting submissions from November 1st to December 1st 2021.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES | RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Films must be completed after September 1st, 2020.
- Films must have been completed while the filmmaker was enrolled in high school or a post-secondary institution (undergraduate or graduate: masters or doctorate).
- Only one film is allowed per submitter, and must be submitted by the filmmaker (no distributors). For inquiry about special circumstances (such as an organizer on behalf of a high school film camp) please contact us.
- Films must be a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Films must be submitted under ONLY ONE of the following categories: Documentary, Narrative Fiction, Experimental / Avant-Garde, Animation, or Graduate. Films that are submitted under more than one category are subject to the coordinators' discretion.
- Films that are NOT in English must have English subtitles.
- You will be asked to provide proof of student enrollment.
Living Skies Student Film Festival c/o Department of Film
University of Regina
Room ED 243
3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK