The Living Skies Student Film Festival is an international short film festival based in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada that showcases student work from all over the world. The three-day event will take place during March 8-10, 2018, and is an opportunity for the community to experience the emerging talent of local filmmakers, as well as to celebrate the work being done by film students across the country and globe. This event features programmed screenings, as well as workshops and lectures presented by leading artists and industry professionals. It is a cultural event, artistic outlet, and learning opportunity that culminates with our Awards Gala, which will be held on the evening of March 10, 2018 on the University of Regina Campus.
We have awards for Best Fiction Film, Best Experimental Film, Best Animated Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Director, Best Cinematographer, Best Actor, and the Best of Saskatchewan.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- We will be accepting submissions from November 20th to December 20th, 2017.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES | RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Films must be completed after January 1st, 2017.
- Films must be completed while filmmaker was enrolled in High school or post-secondary institution (undergrad, masters or doctorate).
- Only one film per filmmaker allowed for submissions.
- Films may be a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Films may be submitted under the following categories: Documentary, Fiction, Experimental, Animation.
- Films that are NOT in English must have English subtitles.
- Upon request, you may be asked to provide proof of student enrollment.
Living Skies Student Film Festival c/o Department of Film
University of Regina
Room ED 243
3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK
*File formats for your film should be either .mov (quicktime) or Mpeg4. We recommend exporting your film using the H.264 codec.
*If you have any questions or concerns, contact us directly at email@example.com