Vilnius queer festival "Kreivės" is a cultural and social initiative which started in 2014. It is the first annual LGBT* festival in Lithuania and the Baltics. Building on earlier and cooperating with concurrent queer initiatives, we aspire to be a unique space for film screenings, events and community building.
In 2020, we were one of few queer festivals to hold safe offline film screenings and events. It is our intention not to move the festival online in 2021 either.
Our vision is to build a community which acknowledges and passionately supports variety in LGBT* expressions and viewpoints. We are committed to bringing stories that spring from diverse lives and transform our vision of who we are and who we can be.
Held in an atmospheric little cinema in central Vilnius and venues across the town, "Kreivės" events attract several thousand visitors each year. Entrance to the festival's film screenings and events is donation-based.
Entries selected for the competitive category will compete for the Jury Award for Best Short Film and Best Feature. The Best Short Film winner will receive a cash prize of €200 (two hundred euros).
All films screened at "Kreivės" will be eligible for the Audience Choice Award which does not include a cash prize.
* The festival is open to feature films, documentaries and short films focusing on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex themes.
* Films can be submitted in the following categories: Short competition, Short regular, Feature (narrative or documentary) competition, Feature (narrative or documentary) regular.
* A special category, So bad that it's good, is open to short films that you feel are not your best work or purposefully break with rules of quality cinema. Selected entries will be screened in a special event. Email us for a fee waiver to submit films in this category.
* To qualify for the competitive category, films must be completed in 2019–2021. Short films should be under 30 minutes in length. The festival reserves the right to determine the final eligibility of any work submitted.
* You warrant that you have the legal right to submit the work to "Kreivės", that all statements made in this application are true and accurate, and that all necessary rights and clearances have been secured to screen the work at the festival.
* Submission to "Kreivės" constitutes an agreement with all festival terms and conditions, and permission to exhibit the work during the festival if selected.
* We charge a token submission fee of $2 for short films and $5 for features to help us minimise the volume of entries that do not meet submission criteria. If you wish the submission fee waived, contact us by email.
* By entering "Kreivės", you acknowledge that the festival is not obligated nor expected to pay rental fees or screening fees for the exhibition of entered works, unless otherwise stated. If any fees apply, kindly notify us upon submission.
* We accept rough cuts and working versions, but they must be submitted by the entry deadline. Please indicate if the production is in progress, describe changes to be made for the final version and when you expect it to be completed.
* The preferred exhibition copy for feature-length titles is DCP. Shorts should be sent as downloadable digital files (h.264 (HD 1920x1080), .mp4 or .mov format preferred).
* Working languages of the festival are Lithuanian and English. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles. We will ask for an English time-coded transcript/dialogue list if the film is selected.
* In addition to your entry, please enclose a brief description or synopsis of your film, publicity photos and any relevant information as well as a cast and crew list. The festival must be notified in writing about any press or photo restrictions. The festival will not use extracts, publicity stills or any other submitted materials, unless your film is included in the programme.
* You can withdraw your submission at any point, but no later than the submission deadline.