Voted one of the top 50 Film Festivals worth the Submission Fee in 2016 AND 2017 by MovieMaker Magazine, the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival acknowledges emerging filmmakers from around the world, with a strong emphasis on discovering and encouraging new talent. In recognition of the time and talent of the independent filmmaker, awarding over $30,000 in cash and benefits, including a $10,000 Best of the Fest award.
With the majority of events located on Main Street downtown Dubuque; Filmmakers, Attendees and Special Guests are able to attend numerous screenings and special. We encourage and schedule networking opportunities.
As quoted in Filmmaker Magazine "The festival is smartly situated downtown, with an assortment of handsome venues all within walking distance" from the Festival Headquarters, located in the grand HOTEL JULIEN, the same hotel where Al Capone used to hide out from the Chicago Feds.
Our final nominees are judged by our Jury members of Film professionals, such as Directors, Producers, Critics, Director of Photography, etc and choose the final winner of each category.
**Over $30,000 in cash and benefits to be awarded**
$10,000 Best of the Fest (Includes Shorts, Features and Documentaries)
$ 3,000 Best Domestic Narrative Feature
$ 3,000 Best Narrative Feature
$ 2,000 Best Short (3 - 20 min length)
$ 2,000 Best Short (21 - 49 min length)
WE ALSO PAY FOR THE TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THE TOP 3 NOMINEES OF EACH CATEGORY. *Some restrictions apply.
1) All decisions of programmers and jurors are final. All entries will be viewed and given equal consideration.
2) NO ENTRIES AND OR FINAL SELECTIONS WILL BE RETURNED.
3) All submitted materials must include the FilmFreeway tracking number and additional information as listed in the General Rules.
4). Press Kit materials as listed above will be sent only upon notification of Officially Selected. The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY of marketing and promotion if proper press kit materials are not sent after notification as deemed in the General Rules. It is the sole responsibility of the Filmmaker to send all materials listed.
5) Notification date is on or around March 15, 2018.
6). If selected as an Official Selection, projects are to be uploaded to the designated JDIFF FTP site. One (1) screening copy must be sent on a DVD/Bluray and/or thumb-drive (thumb-drive preferred).
7) JDIFF reserves the right to select films from the entire pool of submissions.
8) There are no restrictions on premiere or distribution status, but films may not have been completed prior to January 1, 2016.
10) JDIFF does consider works in progress.
11) All entered films grant the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival a non exclusive limited use agreement to use selected portions of films chosen for competition, and or use film promotional materials to promote the festival including the rights to utilize any excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at JDIFF for promotional purposes and/or on JDIFF's website. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual Property.
12) JDIFF does not accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials. Please do not send us any original copies, master copies, the only copy you have, etc.
13). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film and have read the regulations.
14). Dates and guidelines subject to change without prior notice.
15). *Flights for nominees are reimbursed or booked up to $500.00. International flights are reimbursed or booked up to $650.00.
16). Nominees must be in attendance to receive prize. If you are not able to attend, you will be disqualified. Except for Best of the Fest. This category is chosen and announced at the festival.
Thank you and happy submitting!