This event is in-person with virtual options. This film festival celebrates independent filmmaking and provides educational training in the field with industry professionals, masterclasses, and community outreach. We are designed to educate, entertain, and help emerging artists elevate their art.
1. Best of... Each winner in this category receives an award and certificate
2. Honorable Mention...Honorable Mentions are the runner-ups in each category (Certificate)
1. The Ezell Sultan People's Choice Award: This award is named for Ezell Sultan, a member of the Jackson film community who died unexpectedly a few months before the first JXN Film Festival. All Level 2 films/projects are eligible and is selected by a community vote.
JXN FILM FESTIVAL
RULES & TERMS
1. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the participating submission platform FilmFreeway.
3. If you plan to submit your film to multiple categories, please upload your film per category. FOR EXAMPLE: If want to submit to the Best Picture AND Best Comedy categories, upload your film to the Best Picture category. THEN, resubmit the film under the Best Comedy category separately.
4. There are no more than FOUR nominees per category.
1. The Festival does NOT screen films on Blu-Ray or HD-CAM. If you are unable or unwilling to provide your film as a digital file for exhibition, DO NOT SUBMIT your film. You must give permission to Download the film for exhibition.
2. Films that are SELECTED will be eligible for the next round of judging at the Festival.
3. SELECTED films with the highest scores will be NOMINATED for the “Best of” in each category.
4. All films SELECTED for judging will screen at the Festival regardless of whether the said film is nominated for an award.
5. Filmmakers whose projects are NOMINATED will receive a PROMO CODE valued at the cost of ONE $50 GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET to the Awards Gala. The PROMO CODE is SINGLE USE ONLY and may be applied toward the cost of a single $100 VIP ticket with your payment of $50. You will also be able to purchase additional tickets for your guests/supporters.
6. The Festival encourages all submitters and selected filmmakers to purchase tickets to the gala to support the educational outreach of the festival.
SECTION C JUDGING LEVELS
Level 1: SUBMITTED--Film/Project submitted to desired category or categories
Level 2: SELECTED--Film/Project eligible for next round of judging
Level 3: NOMINATED--Film/Project eligible for an Award
Level 4: AWARDED--Film/Project won "Best of" category
Honorable Mentions: Runner-up in each "Best of" category