Parai Musical International Awards is named after an
India’s most famous, emotional musical instrument “Parai”. It is
a traditional percussion instrument (Drum) of South India having
its root in Tamilnadu (Tamil speaking South Indian state).
In Tamil language which is one of the oldest languages of
the world, “Parai” means “To speak” or “To tell”. The drums were
used for multiple purposes including signaling people to
gather, alerting them to upcoming war, requesting civilians to
leave the battlefield, announcing victory or defeat, stopping a
breach of water body, gathering farmers for farming activities,
warning wild animals about people’s presence, during festivals,
weddings and other celebrations, and as part of worship of
This is the reason behind naming our festival with such an
emotional, musical word “Parai”. We at PMIA, focus towards
finding and recognizing the extreme talents in the field of
music. There are so many minds behind this Music world. PMIA is
traveling towards bringing all these masterminds to the outside
HOW WE WORK?
We are a monthly festival receiving entries from all over
the world. Once after the entries and judgment, we would
organize the Grand screening event. During this screening, the
top musical entries will be screened, following which the
winners will be announced. If you have a Film, short Film, Short
video, Song, Music Album, Music video, Independent song, then
you are at the right place. Yes! You can trust PMIA and submit
MAIN CATEGORY COMPETITION
Best Music Video
Best Indian Folk & Classical Music Video
Movie Background Score(Any length)
Movie Song / Album
Indian movie song / Album
Best Animation Music Video
Best Experimental Music Video
Best Pop Music Video
Best Art Music Video
Best Rock Music Video
Best Dance Music Video
Best Drama Music Video
Best Comedy Music Video
Best Action Music Video
Best LGBT Music Video
Best Musical Film (Feature)
Best Musical Film (Short)
Best Documentary Music Video
Best Mobile Music Video
Best Low Budget Music Video
Best Hip Hop Music Video
Best Choreography Music Video
Best Low Budget Music Video (budget under 3k USD)
Best Original Song
Best Lyrics Song
Best Video Game Music
Best Indian Music Video
Best Indian Classical Dance Video
Best Indian Folk Music Video
Best Indian Carnatic music Video
Best Indian Folk Dance Video
Best American Music Video
Best European Music Video
Best African Music Video
Best South American Music Video
Best Australian Music Video
Best Asian Music Video
Best Director Music Video
Best Male Director Music Video
Best Female Director Music Video
Best First Time Director Music Video
Best Original Song
Best Actor Music Video
Best Actress Music Video
Best Lyrics Song
Best Sound Design
Best Makeup Artist
Best Director - Music Video
Best Female Director - Music Video
Best Male Director - Music Video
1.We do not insist on the premiere of a music video at the Parai Musical International Film (PMIA).
2. Music videos may not have English subtitles.
3. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
4. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted.
5. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
6. The festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & commercial purposes.
7. The excerpts from films send for International Music Video Awards can be shown on the TV / Local Network / Internet etc. For Promotional / Publicity.
8. Music Videos that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images. etc., presented in their film.
9. International Music Video Awards organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants.
10. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.