HorrorHaus is a 3-day Los Angeles area film festival dedicated to the creative works of independent filmmakers with a penchant for horror.
As filmmakers ourselves, we recognize talented artists who bring their visual storytelling gifts to the screen. We gather unique and spine-tingling trailers, shorts, features, web series, music videos, and screenplays from around the world and showcase them during an exciting weekend, complete with red carpet, networking events, parties, and a top-notch awards ceremony.
Welcome to our Haus.
*Best Feature Film
*Best Short Film
*Best Student Film
*Best Horror Comedy
*Best Music Video
*Best Web Series
*Audience Choice Award
*Best Supporting Actor
*Best Supporting Actress
*Best Young Actor
*Best Young Actress
*Best Screenplay (Produced)
*Best Screenplay (Unproduced)
*Best Makeup FX
*Best Practical FX
*Best Digital FX
*Best Costume Design
*Best Sound Design
*Best Original Score
*Best Jump Scare
We are looking for all things horror and sub-genre, including: thriller, psychological, paranormal, supernatural, comedy/horror, slasher, experimental, dark, disturbing, twisted, grindhouse, music video, animated, screenplays, etc.
1. Entries must be original works and filmmaker must own all rights to the film.
2. Filmmaker retains all ownership and rights to their original submitted work.
3. More than one entry may be submitted, but each entry must be submitted separately.
4. Filmmaker grants permission to HHFF to exhibit film during the 2022 festival with no expectation of financial compensation.
5. We will accept works in progress, but please make note at time of submission and if accepted, be prepared to submit final exhibition copy three weeks prior to festival screening dates.
6. Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
7. Student films must have been produced/filmed while the filmmaker was attending an accredited school, college, or university. Proof of enrollment is required with submission. Student films are only eligible for the Best Student Film Award and not any other award category consideration.
8. Trailers must be under 2 1/2 (two and a half) minutes and be original material. Fan film trailers will not be considered.
9. If accepted, filmmaker will be notified via email. Filmmaker agrees to provide HHFF with final exhibition copy of film three weeks in advance of festival dates. Please note that the cost of shipping materials is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker and HHFF will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to materials while in transit.
10. Filmmakers may be asked to participate in video/print interviews in advance of festival for promotional purposes.
11. Filmmakers will be required to provide film trailers, press kits, poster art, production stills, cast/crew bios, headshots, etc., for HHFF promotional purposes.
12. By entering this festival you grant HHFF the right to use all submitted materials, including, but not limited to, film, trailer and photographic footage, as well as audio recordings, written materials, logos, poster art, etc., at our discretion for the promotional and screening use of the film festival.
13. Secure online screeners only. DVD/Blu-Ray formats will not be considered.