We heartily welcome you to the Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards!
HIIDA Winner “Nomadic Doctor” by director Mart Bira has WON Student Academy Award (The OSCARS)! Huge congratulations Mart Bira from HIIDA team!
We are now, accepting submission for January 2019, festival.
An exclusive Documentary Monthly Film Festival with a Yearly Red Carpet Interviews, Live Screening and Award Ceremony at Raleigh Studios, Hollywood.
Out of all our monthly winners, every month ONE documentary will be selected as "Best Of the Month" and will be awarded HIIDA Trophy during our yearly festival award ceremony.
Winners from March 2018 to February 2019 will be invited to attend the Mega Red Carpet HIIDA Event which will be held on March 23, 2019.
All winning filmmakers throughout the year will come under one roof to celebrate their wins!
Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards!
We at HIIDA value the effort documentary filmmakers put into bringing the film together, be it subject / location or funding / distribution. HIIDA's goal is to promote and recognize documentary filmmakers from around the world.
We will have awards in the following categories. Each film has to be submitted to a category like short, feature or Foreign etc. in order to qualify for additional technical categories.
• Best Of the Month (Trophy Winner)
• Documentary Short
• Documentary Short (Student)
• Feature Documentary
• Foreign Documentary Short
• Foreign Documentary Feature
• Talent on camera (Documentary - Additional Category)
• Narration (Additional Category)
• Cinematography (Documentary - Additional Category)
• Writing (Narration - Additional Category)
• Story (Documentary - Additional Category)
• Editing (Additional Category)
• Music/Score (Additional Category)
• Director (Documentary - Additional Category)
• Producer (Documentary - Additional Category)
• Woman Filmmaker (Documentary- Additional Category)
• Travel Short
• Travel Feature
• Cultural Short
• Cultural Feature
• Trailer/Promo (Documentary)
• First time Filmmaker (additional category)
• Experimental (Documentary)
Winners will also be announced on our social media page and our website.
Please read all rules and regulations before submitting your project.
HIIDA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. By submitting your film to the Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening if selected, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
Festival reserves the right to refuse entries.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless HIIDA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
1. Short Docs must be under 40 minutes and Features should be at least 40 mins or more.
2. All foreign submissions must be subtitled.
3. One film can be entered in multiple categories. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards.
4. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to your submission page.
5. HIIDA does not make your film available online.