In 2009, in awaring of the digital era and knowing that children are facing a multi- media learning environment, Hsin- Yi Foundation established the Hsin- Yi Children's Animation Awards, hopes to encourage animators and filmmakers to create animated stories for young audiences.
We aim to improve both the quality of short films targeted at children and their ability to appreciate it. At the same time, we want to award talented people who contribute to animations around the world for providing a more diverse selection of good material for children.
-Top prize (1): US$ 3,000 (approx. NT$ 84,000) and award medal
-Runner-up (2): US$ 1,500 (approx. NT$ 42,000) and award medal
-Taiwan Special Award (1): NT$ 50,000 and award medal
-Special Mention: award medal
【What Can be Submitted】
1. Works must be age-appropriate animated videos for children
2. The competition is open to any work published after July 15, 2019
3. There are no nationality restrictions for participants.
4. Taiwan Special Award eligibility requirement：All entered films produced by Taiwanese filmmakers who hold proof of citizenship will be considered eligible.
5. Submissions are open from April 1 to August 31, 2021
（This year, the entry deadlines of Hsin-Yi Children's Animation Award has been postponed to August 31 due to the impact of COVID-19.）
【Formats and Required Materials】
￭ Length : films must be less than 30 minutes in length
￭ Format : 1920(W)x1080(H) MPG、AVI、WMV、MP4、MOV file format.
￭ 3-5 still captures from video in JPEG format (300 dpi or above preferred)
￭ 1 photo of director in JPEG format (300 dpi or above preferred)
￭ English subtitles for any dialogue or narration that is not in either English or Chinese
￭ Anything else you would like to include (such as list of professional achievements, promotional posters, etc.)
【How to register and submit your films】
--There is no entry fee required.
● Go to: https://filmfreeway.com
● Search “Hsin-Yi Children’s Animation Awards” to complete the registration by August 31, 2021.
● Upload your film either on the FilmFreeway website directly or with Vimeo link (with download permission checked).
● Download and complete the application form from the Hsin-Yi website.
● Email it to a email@example.com , and send a link of your film via Vimeo / Dropbox / FilmFreeway / Google Drive / WeTransfer, etc. by August 31, 2021.
● Download application form: https://reurl.cc/mq5AoY
【TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
● Participants who submit their works must agree to provide their submissions to the event organizer free of charge for public screening as necessitated by the awards presentation and promotional activities. The event organizer reserves the right to use a 30-second clip from the submission for the sake of promoting this event.
● Entrants are obliged to declare the rights for the awards to use the copy text, stills, posters, videos, of the films and information on the personnel once being selected for the purposes of promotion, related events, and documentation for the awards, and Hsin-Yi Foundation (the organizer).
● Each entrant declares to be the author or rights owner of the film(s) in competition and to own all the literary, dramatic and musical rights. If the film(s) has involved in the case of breaching copyright at any level, the organizer will reserve the right to revoke the award.
● The owner of the winning films must agree to provide the film to Hsin-Yi Foundation for a non-profit broadcasts service for people in remote areas such as children and communities.
● Matters not mentioned in these regulations will be decided by the Hsin-Yi Foundation (the organizer).