Submit your short film or feature length film on MENTAL HEALTH and help break the stigma. We collaborate with a variety of psychologists, psychiatrists and many other professionals in this field to create a space where creativity, filmmaking and professional evaluation come together to help foster empathy and change the depiction of mental health conditions in film for the better.
The three winning short films will be awarded with the GREEN RIBBON and a special prize. An honorable mention film will be awarded with the GREEN RIBBON as well.
The winning feature length film will be awarded with the GREEN RIBBON and a special prize.
1. Submission: September 1, 2023 - February 14, 2024
2. Submission must be done via filmfreeway.com
3. The film MUST depict a mental health-related topic. (For reference check out the program 2021 and 2022 on https://www.gomentalfilmfestival.com/festival )
1. Must be a mental health topic-related film. All genres are welcome
2. Submission MUST contain a written director's statement explaining the relevance to the topic of mental health. Otherwise, the film will not be considered. (Minimum number of words: 40-300)
3. Short Director's Biography (40-300 Words)
4. Film Synopsis
5. Maximum film length short films 25 minutes (24/25 frames per second) / Minimum film length feature film 40 minutes (24/25 frames per second)
6. Formats must be high quality - HD 720p or above
7. English subtitles are required (even if the original language is English)
8. No promotional films (no advertisements, marketing films, etc.)
9. It has to be guaranteed by the filmmaker that no harm was done to the cast in case of scenes containing acts of violence or intimacy. Please include a short statement in the director's statement.
The organizers will appoint a selection committee that will be in charge of the final selection for the competition. The committee will consist of both film experts and psychologists and psychiatrists.
1. Final selection screenings from February to March by the jury
2. Entrants will be notified of the selection results no later than April 1, 2024.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
1. The films will be screened online.
2. A smaller selection of films will be screened at a local Berlin cinema.
3. Go Mental! is authorized to use a short excerpt (max. 2 minutes) of the film for marketing purposes of any kind.
4. All film and music rights and clearances must have been obtained by the filmmakers (in accordance with copyright laws)
5. You cannot withdraw your film from Go Mental! after selection by the Go Mental!-selection committee.
6. We WON'T pay a screening fee.
7. For the online version of the festival we WON'T do geo-blocking.
REQUIREMENTS AFTER SELECTION
1. Director's statement in video form (1 to 2 min. max.) for screening purposes. This must be submitted after selection.
On-location screenings of the film festival will take place from May 14 to May 17, 2024.
The on-location screenings will be live-streamed via Movies Everywhere.
The online version of the festival will run from May 18 to May 31, 2024.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
and follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gomentalfilmfestival/
All the best,
The Go Mental! Film Festival Team