Greek mythology Gelos is the divine personification of laughter, the most welcome of the gods, always owes its success to some novel subterfuge. This deity favourably and affectionately accompany everywhere the person who arouses and enacts his laughter, and he will never allow you to grieve in mind, but will implant continual joy on your countenance with his sunny elegance.
Gelos Comedy Film Festival is a brand new festival. We hope you will join us in a days full of fun and endless laughs! We will highlight comedy short and feature films, web series, TV episodic, filmed sketch comedy, Dark Comedy, music video and animation with the goal of screening the best comedic content from around the world for a wide audience! Our dual emphasis is on “discovering” great comedic talent with the purpose of promoting it to both the entertainment industry and the Moscow public, as well as, showcasing the works of seasoned professionals and well-known stars. We are proud to showcase, connect and promote talented comedy filmmakers from all over the world.
The organizers assume the expenses connected with invitation of the author of the selected for the main competition film to Moscow on a period of three days and partly cover the expenses on the road. Participants of program can be accommodated in a festival hotel for three days.
All officially selected films will be shown on the big screen during the solemn final ceremony on May 21 - 24, 2020 in Moscow, Russia, and will be able to struggle for the main prize and the title of the “Best Comedy Film”. As well as for the prizes in the standalone nominations.
Best Feature Comedy Film
Best Feature Dark Comedy Film
Best Comedy Short Film
Best Dark Comedy Short Film
Best Alternative Comedy Short
Best Animated Comedy Short
Best Comedy TV Pilot / Web Series Episode
Best Student Comedy Short
Best Funny Music Video
Best Fake Commercials
Best Comedy Actor
Best Comedy Actress
Best Comedy Supporting Actor
Best Comedy Supporting Actress
Best Comedy Director
Gelos Comedy Film Festival is an open, accessible film festival dedicated to fostering a community of filmmakers and film fans.
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your film for consideration. By submitting your film to Gelos Comedy Film Festival, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
1. All Films must be in the genre of COMEDY. If there is no hummor (not even 1 second), the films will not be taken into consideration.
2. All entries must be in English (official language of festival) or — SUBTITLED, DUBBED, regardless of the country of production, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
3. We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
4. All films selected for screening grant Gelos Comedy Film Festival the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. By sending your film to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer will be uploaded to our website and our pages in social networks, as well as will be shown live on TV channels of partners of the Festival as a part of the festival exhibition.
5. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee. – There is no limit as to how many films you can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
6. There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
7. Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
8. Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
9. All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2012 are welcome to participate in the contest.
10. Submissions will not be returned. All fees are nonrefundable.
11. Submitting is not a guarantee of being programmed. Our jury screens the films PRIVATELY (meaning: it’s not a public screening!). Only officially selected films we’ll screen at our annual event.
12. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films. The decision off festival selection committee will be final.