ABOUT THE EVENT
Submissions for the 3rd Digital Edition of Gandhara Independent Film Festival 2022 is Now Open.
Every year Gandhara Independent Film Festival curates and presents a diverse programme of narrative shorts and features, documentaries, music videos and animated films. We pride ourselves on supporting talent in all its forms and we welcome applications from new and experienced filmmakers, from Pakistan as well as globally. Below you’ll find relevant particulars about submitting your film. Whether you’re a seasoned filmmaker or a fresh new voice, we look forward to receiving your work in our 3rd online edition in 2022.
Submission Deadline: July 15th, 2022
Notification Date: August 15th, 2022
Event Dates: September 09 - 13, 2022
There is no entry fee for film submissions
Selected films will be screened for free via our website without GEO BLOCKING and accessible to watch globally.
*** Awards, Certificates & Official Laurel (ONLY FILMS FROM PAKISTAN)
In the 2022 and the previous official editions, will be nominated in our competitive Award section. The categories of award will be in narrative short & features , documentary, music video and animated shorts only.
- Best Narrative Features
- Best Narrative Short
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Animated Film
- Best Music Video
*** Certificates & Official Laurel (FOREIGN FILMS)
GIFF will present the selection Certificates & Official Laurel for the films submitted from all other countries as non-competitive in the categories of narrative fiction (short & features), documentary, music video and animated short only.
Criteria & Categories
1. The festival theme is open in categories of fiction, animation, music video & documentary films.
2. The participating films of the festival year 2022 will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our website & social media pages.
1. Content of the submitted film(s) should be creative and completely original including the sound/music used and should not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
2. Under no circumstances should the content of the films contain any offensive language, violence, religious content or hate speech, defamatory content, politically sensitive topics, material or comment and sexual innuendos or nudity. Any film containing one or more of the above mentioned will be disqualified.
1. All films must have been made 2015 onwards.
2. Films should be submitted in Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080p) .mp4 or .mov format.
3. All submissions to the Gandhara Independent Film Festival must be made via FilmFreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/gandharafilmfestival). Please include a press kit (short trailer, stills, logline, synopsis, cast and crew bios) where possible, to help speed up the process and ensure that you read all the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the page before making your submission.
The festival may use up to 10 percent of the entry’s running time for promotional purposes.
By entering Gandhara Independent Film Festival, you agree to follow its rules and guidelines.
1. The festival theme is open.
2. There is no entry fee to submit a film.
3. All films must have been made 2015 onwards.
4. The film should contain subtitles in English.
5. There is no restriction to the number of films that can be submitted by an individual or an entity. However, each submitted film requires a separate submission form.
6. By sending your submission to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer & posters will be uploaded on our website and our social networks' pages.
7. The festival has the right to screen these films on any collaboration festival or media.
8. All copyrights and intellectual properties belong to their authors and will be properly quoted.
9. The festival will not bear any expenses for participants nor provide any screening fees.
10. Submitting your film to the GIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
11. GIFF will communicate all details through email communications only, please give authorized email and respond to emails ASAP. No phone call inquires.
12. All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
13. The decision of the festival programmers is final and not questionable.
14. The festival organizers reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the festival if necessary.