Empowered WOMXN 2023 Thematic Edition
After a successful screening to commemorate #InternationalWomensDay2022 GIFF is back with Empowering WOMXN 2023, GIFF’s endeavour to amplify the lived experiences of empowered women by recognising them on International Women's Day 2023.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Gandhara Independent Film Festival Empowered WOMXN 2023 will curate and exhibit films made by female filmmakers in the capacity of writer and/or director as well as host a panel discussion by female filmmakers to highlight their tribulations and contributions to the art and craft of storytelling and filmmaking. Films made by all female ATL crews are especially encouraged to submit.
There is no entry fee for film submissions
Certificates & Official Laurel
Criteria & Categories
1. The festival theme is based on films made by female filmmakers in categories of fiction & documentary films only.
2. The participating films of the Women Thematic Festival Edition 2023 will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our website & social media pages.
1. Content of the submitted film(s) should be creative and completely original including the sound/music used and should not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
2. Under no circumstances should the content of the films contain any offensive language, violence, religious content or hate speech, defamatory content, politically sensitive topics, material or comment and sexual innuendos or nudity. Any film containing one or more of the above mentioned will be disqualified.
1. All films must have been made 2018 onwards.
2. Films should be submitted in Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080p) .mp4 or .mov format.
3. All submissions to the Gandhara Independent Film Festival must be made via FilmFreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/gandharafilmfestival). Please include a press kit (short trailer, stills, logline, synopsis, cast and crew bios) where possible, to help speed up the process and ensure that you read all the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the page before making your submission.
4. The festival may use up to 10 percent of the entry’s running time for promotional purposes.
By entering the Gandhara Independent Film Festival's thematic program based on films made by female filmmakers, you agree to follow its rules and guidelines.
1. The festival theme is based on films made by female filmmakers only.
2. There is no entry fee to submit a film.
3. All films must have been made 2018 onwards.
4. The film should contain subtitles in English.
5. There is no restriction to the number of films that can be submitted by an individual or an entity. However, each submitted film requires a separate submission form.
6. By sending your submission to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer & posters will be uploaded on our website and our social networks' pages.
7. The festival has the right to screen these films on any collaboration festival or media.
8. All copyrights and intellectual properties belong to their authors and will be properly quoted.
9. The festival will not bear any expenses for participants nor provide any screening fees.
10. Submitting your film to the GIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
11. GIFF will communicate all details through email communications only, please give authorized email and respond to emails ASAP. No phone call inquiries.
12. All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
13. The decision of the festival programmers is final and not questionable.
14. The festival organizers reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the festival if necessary.