ABOUT THE EVENT
Celebrating International Women's Day 2022
Empowering WOMXN is Gandhara Independent Film Festival's endeavour to amplify the lived experiences of empowered women by recognising them on the International Women's Day 2022.
GIFF will be curating films directed or produced by female filmmakers as well as hosting a roundtable discussion by female filmmakers to illuminate and share their wisdom of working as creative storytellers, as well as the imperative need for the female gaze in a more evolved world.
We are seeking short films in the categories of fiction and documentary films with a duration between 5 - 45 minutes made between 2015 - 2021. The films must have credits included, embedded English subtitles, and shared as 1080P MOV/MP4 files.
*There is no entry fee for film submissions.
Selected films will be screened for free via our website without GEO BLOCKING and accessible to watch globally.
Certificates & Official Laurel
Criteria & Categories
1. The festival theme is open and non-competitive in the category of fiction and documentary films.
2. The duration of the films should not be more than 45 minutes including credits with embedded English subtitles.
3. The participating films will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections are final and will be posted on our website & social media pages.
1. Content of the submitted film(s) should be creative and completely original including the sound/music used and should not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
2. Under no circumstances should the content of the films contain any offensive language, violence, religious content or hate speech, defamatory content, politically sensitive topics, material or comment and sexual innuendos or nudity. Any film containing one or more of the above mentioned will be disqualified.
1. All films must have been made 2015 onwards.
2. Films should be submitted in Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080p) .mp4 or .mov format.
3. Please include a press kit (short trailer, movie frame grabs/stills, 25 word or less logline, 50 word synopsis, cast and ATL crew bios) where possible to help speed up the process and ensure that you read all the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the page before making your submission.
The festival may use up to 10 percent of the entry’s running time for promotional purposes.
Terms & Conditions
1. The festival theme is open and non-competitive in the category of fiction and documentary films only.
2. There is no entry fee to submit a film.
3. All films must have been made 2015 onwards.
4. The duration of the films should not be more than 45 minutes including credits.
5. The film should contain subtitles in English.
6. All the films will be screened for free via our website without GEO BLOCKING and accessible to watch globally.
7. There is no restriction to the number of films that can be submitted by an individual or an entity. However, each submitted film requires a separate submission form.
8. Films that have been broadcasted on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
9. By sending your submission to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer & posters will be uploaded on our website and our social networks' pages.
10. The festival has the right to screen these films on any collaboration festival or media.
11. All copyrights and intellectual properties belong to their authors and will be properly quoted.
12. The festival will not bear any expenses for participants nor provide any screening fees.
13. Submitting your film to the GIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
14. GIFF will communicate all details through email communications only, please give authorized email and respond to emails ASAP. No phone call inquiries.
15. All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
16. The decision of the festival programmers is final and not questionable.
17. The festival organizers reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the festival if necessary.