The Globe International Silent Film Festival
"Where Pictures create an international language."
Our goal is to focus on the picture as the basic structure of cinema as an art.
We believe the silent era of cinema (1895-1930) has made the picture and mise en scène richer and more powerful. Although by introducing of sound in cinema we've been passed that era a long time ago but still silent cinema is carrying a great part of avant-garde and artistic films. GISFF aimed to gather, screen and respect these creative films.
Awards & Prizes
3rd GISFF Awards and Prizes are:
-🏆 Best Fiction Film
-🏆 Best Documentary Film
-🏆 Best Animation Film
-🏆 Best Experimental Film
-🏆 Best Super Short Film
-🏆 Special Jury Award
-🏆 Special Audience Award
-🏆 The Creativity Award
-🏆 The Secretary's choice
Rules & Terms
1. Filmmakers from all over the world are allowed to submit their films for the International competition via FilmFreeway .
2. The festival only accepts "silent" films. This means films cannot contain dialogues or narrations but using sound effects and score (music soundtrack) is acceptable.
3. Usage of intertitles is acceptable. (In case the language of intertitles is other than English, they must be subtitled into English.)
4. There is no limit for the quantity of submissions per filmmaker.
5. As an expectation there is no limit for the film's production year.
6. The deadline date will not be extended.
7. By completing the submission process, submitter accepts the festival's terms and regulations.
8. Films accepted for the festival and scheduled for screening are not allowed to quit.
9. Unpredicted cases will be decided by the festival's official secretariat and submitters will be informed about them.
10. Participants in competition give the Globe International Silent Film Festival the authority to use the submitted publicity materials for the purpose of promoting the film and the Festival. They understand that they are duly authorized to give permission to allow the Globe International Silent Film Festival to screen this film.