We would love to have your submissions for the inaugural season of the Fuquay Film Fest. The festival will be held November 10 and 11, 2023 in quaint, thriving Fuquay-Varina, NC. We are seeking short films (40 minutes max) in various categories from new and established filmmakers, including films that entertain us, make us laugh, cry and think. Films will be shown in our beautiful 300-seat theater. In addition to screenings, the weekend will include meet and greets, workshops, and networking opportunities.
The Fuquay-Varina Arts Center is a cornerstone in the heart of downtown Fuquay-Varina where we strive to empower artists and creatives. It is surrounded by shops, restaurants, parks, and history, just 15 miles south of Raleigh, NC.
Best of Fest
Best Student Film (accepting high school and college student submissions)
Local Legend (film must be made by a current resident of North Carolina and shot in NC)
Independent Spirit Award
1. We accept films of all appropriate genres.
2. Films that are available for public online viewing are eligible.
3. We will accept multiple entries from the same submitter, accompanied by separate applications and entry fees.
4. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority for submission and use of all content, music, and images in film festival marketing.
5. We will only accept films made after 2020.
1. Films must be uploaded and submitted via FilmFreeway’s screener link. We will not accept DVD submissions.
2. Entry information must be complete and the fee paid in order to be considered.
3. Entries must be submitted by the required cut-off submission date.
Judging and Selection
1. Festival films are selected by the Festival Committee.
2. Please let us know if this will be your film's world premiere/NC premiere
3. Entrants will be contacted by email or phone when selections are made.
4. Those selected will be required to provide a high-resolution (ProRes) format of their films for screening.
4. Film categories will be judged during the Festival; judges’ selections are final.
1. Entry fees are as follows and must accompany entries.
2. Entry fees are non-refundable.