Welcome to the Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival
The Annual Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival is a celebration of independent film that includes a sunset cruise on the Gulf of Mexico, film screenings, filmmakers' panels, and filmmakers' workshops, after‑parties, and an awards ceremony.
Back in its 15th year, The festival attracting independent film fans, filmmakers, and distributors and invites them to spend five fabulous days and nights on the Gulf beaches of Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Attendees come from all over the world to exchange ideas, make new contacts, and enjoy some compelling and interesting films encompassing a wide range of tastes.
Best Feature Film
Best Live Action Short
Best Short Documentary
Best Performance in a Short film
Best Performance in a Feature Film
Best Florida-Made Film
Best Student Film
Start Achievement Award
Rising Star Award
People Choice Award
If accepted, filmmakers must supply a digital copy of your film. Failure to timely supply discs can lead to disqualification.
1. The Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival Entry Fees are non-refundable.
2. The film may not be online prior to screening at the festival. In addition, the film may not screen in any surrounding areas or festival (within 30 miles) prior to the Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival.
3. All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
4. If you are submitting more than one entry, a separate submission is required for each film, although they may be mailed together. Submissions will not be returned unless a self-addressed postage-paid envelope is provided with the submission.
5. The Festival disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided in FilmFreeway. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided in FilmFreeway is correct through the end of the Festival period.
6. The Festival will attempt, but is under no obligation, to view a submission that arrives after the designated deadline without refund of the submission fee.
7. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film for non-payment of the submission fee. The Festival will attempt to contact the applicant with the information on the application form to resolve the non-payment status but is under no obligation to do so.
8. The Festival is under no obligation to, and does not, provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted Film to the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted Film. The Festival will not be held responsible or liable for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding any submitted Film obtained by the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted film or any third party.
9. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted Film. The FMBI Film Fest will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted Film. The festival reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant, any Film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
10. Fort Myers Beach Internation Film Festival does not pay screening fees and does not offer any waivers.
11. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted and attending the Festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses. However, the festival may provide discount rates for lodging if possible.
12. All jury decisions are final.
13. Films must be provided in DCP format. If you don't have a DCP, we can help you create one for a $25 dollar processing fee.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for filmmakers submitting to FMIB Film Festival
1. I, the representative of the film being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the film submitted for consideration for The Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival (the "Festival")
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this
Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not
constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the exploitation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival
6. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Florida and conclusively determined by arbitration in the Town of Fort Myers Beach and Lee County in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties.
I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations to the Festival, (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles of the film and information from the Film for promotional, public prescreening, and or postscreening purposes without recourse to the owner, producer, director, or any other party asserting ownership rights of the submitted film and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information.
If the filmmaker has a problem with parts of rule #7, please email the executive director, email@example.com to discuss before signing an agreement.
By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.