First Frame International Film Festival will be held live in the entertainment capital of the world: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA! From: December 12, 2022 to December 14, 2022.
NEWS ON WINNERS FROM LAST YEAR'S INAUGURAL FESTIVAL:
The Best Unproduced Feature Screenplay Concept *GRAND PRIZE WINNER*:
"WEREWOLF GAME" (written by Jackie Payne) is now in Post-Production!
Tony Todd ("Candyman")
Robert Picardo ("Star Trek")
Lydia Hearst ("Z Nation")
Teala Dunn ("Are We There Yet?")
Tim Realbuto ("Bobcat Moretti")
Bai Ling ("The Crow")
*Best Feature Screenplay WINNER: "FRUIT OF OUR WOMB" (written by Marina Shron) is currently in Pre-Production. Taryn Manning ("Orange Is the New Black") is attached to play the lead role! Producer, Dallas Brennan (of Sundance's official selection "The Lifeguard"), is producing along with FFIFF's Rob Margolies.
Every story begins with a single frame. First Frame International Film Festival (FFIFF), has a mission to award filmmakers and screenwriters with more than just another laurel or fancy statue. As most know, based on the amount of talent that goes undiscovered, making it in showbiz is about who you know, how driven you are, and mostly how lucky you are. We want to share our contacts and resources with our winning filmmakers and screenwriters to help them succeed in this highly competitive industry.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AT THIS YEAR'S FILM FESTIVAL:
-Networking Events and Parties
-Seminars on Film Financing, Distribution, Casting, and Producing
-Celebrity Appearances and Q & A's
-Red Carpet and Step & Repeat Photo Op's
-Nearly 40 Awards!
-Keeping in touch!!!
There is only ONE winner per category for each award. Every winner will receive a Laurel and a Personalized Engraved Trophy, in addition to the invaluable rewards and prizes described below.
FIRST FRAME INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL COMPETITION AWARDS:
1). BEST UNPRODUCED FEATURE SCREENPLAY CONCEPT *GRAND PRIZE WINNER*:
First Frame International Film Festival will PURCHASE or OPTION your screenplay for one year, and produce it for a MAX budget of $500,000.00 USD. IF your screenplay, is a bigger budget, we will still OPTION it and do everything in our power to get it produced. However, in any capacity, if we are NOT successful after one-year, the rights to the script will return to the writer(s), and FFIFF will reward you with $2,500.00 USD in cash.
2). BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE FILM:
The winning film will receive at least one multi-platform distribution deal offer, as well as the services provided by www.DevelopYourMovie.com, free of charge, for a future project.
3). BEST NARRATIVE SHORT FILM:
The winning film will receive the services provided by www.DevelopYourMovie.com, free of charge, for their first (or next) feature film project.
4). BEST UNPRODUCED SHORT SCREENPLAY:
The winning writer will receive the services provided by www.DevelopYourMovie.com, free of charge, and Rob Margolies will attach himself as the producer as well as director if desired.
5). BEST UNPRODUCED FEATURE SCREENPLAY:
The winning writer will receive the services provided by www.DevelopYourMovie.com, free of charge, and Rob Margolies will attach himself as the producer as well as director if desired. NOTE: How is this winning script different from the GRAND PRIZE WINNER? This winning script may currently be better overall, however, that does not make it an easier sell, per say. The GRAND PRIZE winning script may not be "as perfect", but it will inevitably show the promise that with a rewrite, its potential could become most valuable in the long run.
The WINNING FILMMAKERS of the following award categories will receive the services provided by www.DevelopYourMovie.com, free of charge, to help push their current project, or for a future feature film or TV Pilot:
BEST INTERNATIONAL / FOREIGN FEATURE FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM
BEST DRAMATIC FEATURE FILM
BEST COMEDIC FEATURE FILM
BEST HORROR / SCI-FI FEATURE FILM
BEST LGBTQ+ FEATURE FILM
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
BEST ONE-HOUR TV PILOT
BEST HALF-HOUR TV PILOT
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD (the weighted favorite Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST PRODUCER (of a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST DIRECTOR (from a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST SCREENWRITER (from a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST ACTOR (from a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST ACTRESS (from a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (from a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (from a Feature, Short, TV Pilot, or Web Series)
BEST ACTOR DEMO REEL (or Scene under 5 minutes)
BEST ACTRESS DEMO REEL (or Scene under 5 minutes)
The WINNING FILMMAKERS of the following awards will receive our consultation and subjective advice, free of charge, for their first (or next) Feature Film or TV Pilot project:
BEST INTERNATIONAL / FOREIGN SHORT FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
BEST DRAMATIC SHORT FILM
BEST COMEDIC SHORT FILM
BEST HORROR / SCI-FI SHORT FILM
BEST LGBTQ+ SHORT FILM
BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM
BEST WEB SERIES
OTHER GRAND JURY AWARDS & SPECIAL PRIZES WILL ALSO BE GIVEN OUT (TBD)!
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION AWARDS:
The WINNING SCREENWRITERS of the following awards will receive our consultation and subjective advice, free of charge, to help build their talent and further their careers.
BEST DRAMATIC SHORT SCRIPT
BEST COMEDIC SHORT SCRIPT
BEST HORROR / SCI-FI SHORT SCRIPT
BEST LGBTQ+ SHORT SCRIPT
BEST ANIMATION SHORT SCRIPT
BEST WEB SERIES SCRIPT
FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Note: Student Filmmakers, to enjoy the discount pricing, a current/valid student ID must be emailed to the festival PRIOR to submitting. If Valid ID is not provided, you will be asked to re-submit as a non-student.
All presentation materials (posters, postcards, goody bag promos) and screening discs, MPEG4s, DCPs for the First Frame International Film Festival must arrive at the FFIFF Offices no later than October 1st, 2022. If screening files and screening discs are not received by this date the film will be pulled and disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is the submitter's responsibility to ensure the First Frame Film Fest has the REQUIRED screening materials.
ALL ACCEPTED SUBMISSIONS MUST provide MPEG4 film File (due Oct 1st 2022).
If sending DCP, Please Note that the Theater charges the filmmaker an Ingestion Fee. If sending a DCP we will still require an MPEG4 Film file.
DCPS must be logged out, signed for, and picked up after your screening. WE DO NOT RETURN/SHIP screening materials or promo materials (posters, postcards, goody bag items).
Submissions must be the original work of the entrant(s) and may not be based, in whole or in part, on any other fiction or nonfiction material, published or unpublished, produced or un-produced.
Entries may, however, be adapted from the entrant’s (or entrants’) original work, which should be noted in the logline required on the application form.
Entries lacking a logline on the application form will be disqualified.
If the script is based on a true story, historical or contemporary, the "based on true story/events" should be noted in the logline.
Collaborative work by two writers who share equally in its creation is eligible.
The collaborator’s name must be added during the online application process.
Writer's bio and headshot recommended.
All entries must be received by or before the Extended Deadline.
1. Festival accepts submissions for feature films, foreign films subtitled in English, short films, feature documentaries, short documentaries, animation, TV Pilots, Web Series, music videos, student films, feature-length screenplays, short screenplays, scripts for television/web series.
2. All films must be submitted with an online screener.
3. All feature narrative and feature documentary submissions must be over 60-minutes in length.
5. All short film narrative and short documentary submissions must be under 40-minutes in length.
6. Animation, web series, and student film submissions of all lengths will be considered.
7. Music Videos must be under 8-minutes.
8. Festival will present selected films as a live in-person event from November 8th, 2022 - November 10th, 2022
9. All Submission fees are non-refundable.
10. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, festival dates, location and/or format are subject to change.
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. First Frame International Film Festival Screenplay Competition accepts feature-length screenplays, short screenplays, TV Pilots, and Web Series screenplays. Feature-length screenplays must be a minimum of 60-pages and no longer than 150-pages. TV Pilots must be under 70-pages. Short screenplay and Web Series screenplay submissions must be under 60-pages.
2. Submitted screenplays can not have been optioned, purchased, or otherwise produced at the time of submission.
3. Writers may submit as many screenplays as they’d like to the competition, however each script requires a separate application and payment.
4. All entries must be submitted in English.
5. Submissions must include a title page with the author(s) and any relevant registration or copyright information.
6. Screenplays must be submitted in PDF.
7. All screenplays are considered complete once they are received by First Frame International Film Festival. No revisions or updated copies will be accepted.
8. Submission fees are non-refundable.
9. Please be sure to read all rules and regulations prior to submitting your project.