**please note when registering, just fill in the form as much as you can at the moment, TBA etc. Then upload the film when ready to submit and complete the form**
A CREATIVE SYMPOSIUM OFFERING FILMMAKERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FLEX THEIR CINEMATIC MUSCLES BY PROVIDING GENRE SPECIFIC FILM FESTIVALS AND GUARANTEED THEATRICAL SCREENINGS.
Featuring specific genres and challenges including, Be Afraid Halloween Fest, Dark Christmas Festival and Home Town Tales Documentary.
Each fest screens at applicable times of the year, promoting and developing emerging and established filmmaking talents throughout the world.
Each fest features a specific challenge as follows.
Be Afraid Halloween Fest - Superstitions! what are those things that go bump in the night?
Dark Christmas Festival - The Ghosts of Christmas. Ignore them at your peril! Or perhaps they're leading you astray.
Home Town Tales Documentary - Truth is Stranger - Focus on the story telling and dig up some hidden gems in your back yard.
Filmulate Fests exists to bring community back into the theatres.
All proceeds go to support creativity in mental health programs.
See You In The Movies.
1) Guaranteed Theatrical Screening at The Tower or The Broadway Theatre with live audience.
The Tower is the oldest operating Theatre in Utah and the favourite screening venue for directors during Sundance.
2) Custom branded trophy.
3) Free entry to future Filmulate Fests.
4) Opportunity to screen internationally.
5) Option to be included in feature film anthology.
6) Celebrity industry judges (past have included Thomas Jane and Brian Trenchard Smith)
Filmulate Submission Rules
SHORT SIMPLE SWEET
FIRST THINGS FIRST!! Download and complete Team Leader Waiver. Without this your film is not qualified. https://tinyurl.com/filmulate
1) Register to receive the "enigma". An individual element challenge that must be included in your film. This is a puzzle piece engaging audience interaction.
2) Pick your ghsost - Past, Present or Future.
3) Your finished film must be uploaded through Filmfreeway by the closing date for submission. Be Afraid - December 10th 2018.
4) The finished featured films have no minimum duration, and a maximum of 6 minutes duration—not including end credits. In other words, the official running time begins after the required Filmulate slates and ends prior to the end credits. The required slates and the end credits do not count towards the official duration. The film story may not be longer than 6 minutes. The Film does not have to be the full allocated time. Shorter films are sometimes better. An additional 60 seconds can be used for end credits. Opening credits are included in the 6 minutes.
Highlight films may be up to 10 minutes with same stipulations as featured.
Showcased films may be up to 15 minutes with same stipulations as featured.
5) PRE-FILM REQUIRED SLATES: Before the finished film begins, the media should have...
5 seconds of black
A title card with: team name, title, genre, elements, city, and date
Applicable fest title animation found here...https://tinyurl.com/filmulate
Be Afraid - Dark Christmas - Home Town Tales
2 seconds of black
At the end of your credits "a FILMULATE Film 2018 www.filmulate.com"
You are responsible for the playability of your film. If your submission does not play, every effort will be made to contact you for an acceptable version before the screening.
This may disqualify you from the judging due to time constraints.
Contact email@example.com with any further questions.