**please note when registering, just fill in the form as much as you can at the moment, TBA etc. Then upload the film when ready to submit and complete the form**
A CREATIVE SYMPOSIUM OFFERING FILMMAKERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FLEX THEIR CINEMATIC MUSCLES BY PROVIDING GENRE SPECIFIC FILM FESTIVALS AND GUARANTEED THEATRICAL SCREENINGS.
Bonus of Covid is having a good old fashioned B-Movie Drive-In screening!
So let's get making monsters!
Drive-In genres - What's that? - It came from somewhere! - Teenagers are gonna teenage - It's slow but big - I promise I'm not infected.
Featuring specific genres and challenges including, Be Afraid Halloween Fest, Dark Christmas Festival and Home Town Tales Documentary.
Each fest screens at applicable times of the year, promoting and developing emerging and established filmmaking talents throughout the world.
Each fest features a specific challenge as follows.
Demonchaser - The Devil Did It! satanic panic?
Dark Christmas Festival - Presence! I've got a feeling this isn't going to be a good holiday.
Home Town Tales Documentary - Truth is Stranger - Focus on the story telling and dig up some hidden gems in your back yard.
Filmulate Fests exists to bring community back into the theatres.
All proceeds go to support creativity in mental health programs.
See You In The Movies.
1) Guaranteed Theatrical Screening at Utah Film Center Drive-In with live audience.
2) Custom branded trophy.
3) Free entry to future Filmulate Fests.
4) Opportunity to screen internationally.
5) Option to be included in feature film anthology.
6) Celebrity industry judges (past have included Thomas Jane and Brian Trenchard Smith)
Filmulate Submission Rules
The normal rules are for normal fests. Just a couple of rules here.
A) You are responsible for providing a safe set and following all Covid related safety guidelines. Neither Filmulate or Utah Film Center is responsible for any illness or injuries while producing your film.
B) Your film must e under 10 mins.
C) First come first served. Only 1 screening.
D) Your film must be appropriate to screen publicly.
E) Your film must be uploaded by October 4th 2020 at 11:59pm.
F) Screening is October 9th 2020.
SHORT SIMPLE SWEET
FIRST THINGS FIRST!! Download and complete Team Leader Waiver. Without this your film is not qualified. https://tinyurl.com/filmulate
Lower rules are applicable to others fests.
1) Register to receive the "enigma". An individual element challenge that must be included in your film. This is a puzzle piece engaging audience interaction.
2) Pick your presence - Just what I wanted!, Re-Gifting, Take it back, Eh Thanks or Santa's Secrets .
3) Your finished film must be uploaded through FilmFreeway by the closing date for submission. Dark Christmas - December 9th 2019.
4) The finished featured films have no minimum duration, and a maximum of 7 minutes duration—not including end credits. In other words, the official running time begins after the required Filmulate slates and ends prior to the end credits. The required slates and the end credits do not count towards the official duration. The film story may not be longer than 7 minutes. The Film does not have to be the full allocated time. Shorter films are sometimes better. An additional 60 seconds can be used for end credits. Opening credits are included in the 6 minutes 66 seconds.
5) PRE-FILM REQUIRED SLATES: Before the finished film begins, the media should have...
5 seconds of black
A title card with: team name, title, genre, elements, city, and date
Applicable fest title animation found here...https://tinyurl.com/filmulate
Demonchaser - Dark Christmas - Home Town Tales
2 seconds of black
At the end of your credits "a FILMULATE Film 2019 www.filmulate.com"
You are responsible for the playability of your film. If your submission does not play, every effort will be made to contact you for an acceptable version before the screening.
This may disqualify you from the judging due to time constraints.
Contact email@example.com with any further questions.