**please note when registering, just fill in the form as much as you can at the moment, TBA etc. Then upload the film when ready to submit and complete the form**
A CREATIVE SYMPOSIUM OFFERING FILMMAKERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FLEX THEIR CINEMATIC MUSCLES BY PROVIDING GENRE SPECIFIC FILM FESTIVALS AND GUARANTEED THEATRICAL SCREENINGS.
Featuring specific genres and challenges including, Demonchaser Horror Fest, Dark Christmas Festive and Home Town Tales Documentary.
Each fest screens at applicable times of the year, promoting and developing emerging and established filmmaking talents throughout the world.
Each fest features a specific challenge as follows.
Demonchaser Horror Fest - True Crime! but can be as true as the Cohen Brothers are based on true events.
Dark Christmas Festive - The Yule Lads - Krampus is here to stay and bringing mischief, mirth and malevolence. He wants to see your films.
Home Town Tales Documentary - Truth is Stranger - Focus on the story telling and dig up some hidden gems in your back yard.
Filmulate Fests exists to bring community back into the theatres.
All proceeds go to support creativity in mental health programs.
See You In The Movies.
Awards & Prizes
1) Guaranteed Theatrical Screening in The Broadway Theatre with live audience.
The Tower is the oldest operating Theatre in Utah and the favourite screening venue for directors during Sundance.
2) Custom branded trophy.
3) Free entry to future Filmulate Fests.
4) Various prestigious gifts from sponsors to be confirmed.
5) Opportunity to screen internationally.
6) Included in feature film anthology.
7) Celebrity industry judges (past have included Thomas Jane and Brian Trenchard Smith)
Rules & Terms
Filmulate Submission Rules
SHORT SIMPLE SWEET
FIRST THINGS FIRST!! Download and complete Team Leader Waiver. Without this your film is not qualified. https://tinyurl.com/filmulate
1) Register to receive the "enigma". An individual element challenge that must be included in your film. This is a puzzle piece engaging audience interaction.
2) Pick your sub-genre, Obscure, unsolved, paranormal, historical or documentary.
3) Your finished film must be uploaded through Filmfreeway by the closing date for submission. Dark Christmas - December 11th 2017.
4) The finished film has no minimum duration, and a maximum of 10 minutes duration—not including end credits. In other words, the official running time begins after the required Filmulate slates and ends prior to the end credits. The required slates and the end credits do not count towards the official duration. The film story may not be longer than 10 minutes. The Film does not have to be the full allocated time. Shorter films are sometimes better. An additional 60 seconds can be used for end credits. Opening credits are included in the 10 minutes.
5) PRE-FILM REQUIRED SLATES: Before the finished film begins, the media should have...
5 seconds of black
A title card with: team name, title, genre, elements, city, and date
Applicable fest title animation found here...https://tinyurl.com/filmulate
Demon Chaser - Dark Christmas - Home Town Tales
2 seconds of black
At the end of your credits "a FILMULATE Film 2017 www.filmulate.com"
You are responsible for the playability of your film. If your submission does not play, every effort will be made to contact you for an acceptable version before the screening.
This may disqualify you from the judging due to time constraints.
Contact email@example.com with any further questions.