The FestCiMM Film Festival (Independent Film Festival) is independent, cultural and educational with short films, national and international, providing meetings, reflections and exchanges between filmmakers, fostering the local scene and putting the public in contact with the filmmakers. works from several Brazilian states and countries in a format that is not widely used in cinemas and which stands out for its inventiveness and diversity of themes and aesthetic approaches.
In the Middle of the World proposes to look inside, where the center of the universe is where you are, all that you see, narrate and absorb is your "world", your view of it, converted into cinema and shared, then a movie. It is a small look at an aspect of the whole, a visual and narrative cut of life that leads us to the “middle of the world” of the filmmakers, presenting trends, themes, narratives and aesthetics.
The Mid-World Film Festival will host competitive and non-competitive exhibitions, workshops, debates, exhibitions, artistic performances, an award for the “Seu Zé Award”, a Drive In format exhibition, all event activities are free and open. public to facilitate access to the works.
The official selection will be carefully picked by our panel of expert judges, and will consist of the films nominated for an award. The films screened at the event will be selected from the official selection and promoted on our social media platforms and website, and the best will receive the "Seu Zé" award at the film festival. Both the nominees and the winners will get our official laurels and will be featured on our Facebook page and website.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
Rules and Terms:
Please read all rules and requirements before submitting your project:
- Keep it short (under 20 minutes would be ideal but we can make exceptions).
- We do not accept any films made before 2023.
- Any foreign films must include English subtitles.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- FestCiMM is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
- Films do not have to be screened publicly to be eligible for our festival, prizes, or awards.
- FestCiMM is a competitive event and unless notified otherwise, all films officially selected are eligible for competition. Not all submissions received are selected for FestCiMM.
- All films are nominated and voted upon by a jury of film professionals, from an independent point of view.
- All genres and formats are considered eligible for nomination into one or more competitive categories.
- FestCiMM reserve the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question FestCiMM about their decision, you can contact us by email on email@example.com.
- A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, visit the FilmFreeway website.
- One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.