The Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival is proud to present the Annual Fort Myers Baech Screenplay competition.
The Annual Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival is a celebration of independent film that includes a sunset cruise on the Gulf of Mexico, film screenings, filmmakers' panels, and filmmakers' workshops, after‑parties, and an awards ceremony. In addition to all the amazing events, we host live readings of the selected screenplays.
The festival attracting independent film fans, filmmakers, and distributors and invites them to spend five fabulous days and nights on the Gulf beaches of Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Attendees come from all over the world to exchange ideas, make new contacts, and enjoy some compelling and interesting films encompassing a wide range of tastes.
Selected writers receive two VIP passes to the entire 2021 Film Festival.
Each screenplay submitted will be read and reviewed by a committee of judges. Those judges will select screenplays for the film festival.
During the 5 day festival, each screenplay will have a scene read in front of a live audience during our script reading sessions. Writers will be able to choose the scene in which they feel best speaks to the writer's ability.
Upon the completion of the festival and during the awards, the judges will select four winners. The best short screenplay, best feature screenplay, and best Florida screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
Best Florida Screenplay
1. The Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival Screenplay competition entry Fees are non-refundable.
2. All scripts must be in English.
3. If you are submitting more than one entry, a separate submission is required for each screenplay.
4. The Festival disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided in FilmFreeway. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided in FilmFreeway is correct through the end of the Festival period.
5. The Festival will attempt, but is under no obligation, to view a submission that arrives after the designated deadline without refund of the submission fee.
6. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any script for non-payment of the submission fee. The Festival will attempt to contact the applicant with the information on the application form to resolve the non-payment status but is under no obligation to do so.
7. The Festival is under no obligation to, and does not, provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted script to the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted Film. The Festival will not be held responsible or liable for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding any submitted Film obtained by the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted film or any third party.
8. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted screenplay. The FMBI Film Fest will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted screenplay. The festival reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant, any script with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
9. Screenwriters accepted and attending the Festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses. However, the festival may provide discount rates for lodging if possible.
10. Selected screenwriters will be invited to join the festival and will receive 2 VIP Badges to the festival.
11. Selected screenplays will have the option to have a scene from the script read in front of a live audience by professional actors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for screenwriters submitting to FMIB Film Festival
1. I, the representative of the screenplay being submitted (the "Script"), Acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the script submitted for consideration for The Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival (the "Festival")
By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.