Alan David Pritchard is a multi-award-winning novelist, playwright, poet, and creator of poetry videos/films.
His novel, ‘The Pebble Champion’ was the WINNER of the Best Book Award at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, 2021. In addition, it received an OFFICIAL SELECTION at the LGBTQ Unbordered International Film Festival, Delaware, USA, January 2022, and an HONORABLE MENTION at the WriteMovies Spring 2021 Screenwriting Contest, Beverly Hills, USA. Furthermore, it was an OFFICIAL NOMINEE at the 2021 Action on Film Megafest International Film Festival and Writers’ Competition, Las Vegas. 'The Pebble Champion' was also selected as a FINALIST at the 2021 Page Turner Best Book Awards Competition, and it was awarded the FINALIST AWARD (LGBTQ Category) at the Independent Author Network Best Book of the Year Awards, 2021. Plus, it won the FINALIST AWARD at the Reader’s Favorite Book Awards, Miami, USA in 2019.
His play ‘Genius' was the WINNER at one of the regions of the Welsh Young Farmers' Play Festival in 2000 and consequently, a FINALIST in the national competition. 'Genius' was performed at the Brecon Theatre, and 13 years later, staged at the Hafren Theatre in Wales.
His most recent play/ theatre script, ‘Red-Handed’ was the WINNER of the Best Stage Script Award at the following film and writing festivals:
• WINNER at the 4th Dimension Independent Film Festival, Bali, 2021
• WINNER at The Best Script Award Festival, April, London, 2021
• WINNER at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, 2021.
It was also awarded SEMI-FINALIST at the Script and StoryBoard Showcase Festival, Los Angeles, January 2021, and it was an OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Film Boxe International Film Festival, May 2021.
His first poetry collection, ‘Advancing Backwards’ featured poems selected for publication in literary magazines, poetry anthologies, and websites worldwide. He was chosen as Poet of the Month by the then Poets' Society of London in 2005 and was also invited to read his poetry at the Poetry Café in Covent Garden. Additionally, his video poem from that collection, ‘Like So’ was an OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Visible Verse Poetry Festival in Vancouver, Canada in 2013.
‘Window Spit’, his second poetry collection, was described as “an intoxicating look at today’s reality” by the author Rosie Malzier, and was a FINALIST in the Eyelands International Book Awards, Greece, in 2019. Additionally, it was also a NOMINEE/ FINALIST at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, 2021.
Some of his recent video poems/ short films from ‘Window Spit’ have been lauded at the following poetry video and film festivals:
• 'Seismic' = WINNER, Poetry Film, Creative Touching Concept at the 3rd Hottomela International Film Festival, Calcutta, December2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Newlyn PZ International Film Festival, June 2021; NOMINEE at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021.
• ‘The Chosen Few’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the 9th International Poetry Festival, Athens, 2021; NOMINEE at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the International Art Film Festival, London, 2021.
• ‘The Letting Go’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION, 2020 Cadence Video Poetry Festival, Seattle, USA.
• ‘Distance’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Tri-State New York Film Festival, November, 2021; WINNER, Best Film Poetry, So Limitless and Free International Film Festival, December, 2021; WINNER, Best Micro Film at the Roma International Short Film Festival, Rome, Italy, January 2022.
• ‘Pivot Point’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Fotogenia FIlm Festival, Mexico, 2021.