Alan David Pritchard is a multi-award-winning novelist, playwright, scriptwriter, poet, and creator of poetry videos/films.
His novel, ‘The Pebble Champion’ was the WINNER of the Best Book Award at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, 2021. In addition, it was a WINNER of the SILVER AWARD (Novel Writing Category) at the LGBTQ Unbordered International Film Festival, Delaware, USA, February, 2022, and an HONORABLE MENTION at the WriteMovies Spring 2021 Screenwriting Contest, Beverly Hills, USA. Furthermore, it was an OFFICIAL NOMINEE at the 2021 Action on Film Megafest International Film Festival and Writers’ Competition, Las Vegas. 'The Pebble Champion' was also selected as a FINALIST at the 2021 Page Turner Best Book Awards Competition, and it was awarded the FINALIST AWARD (LGBTQ Category) at the Independent Author Network Best Book of the Year Awards, 2021. Plus, it won the FINALIST AWARD at the Reader’s Favorite Book Awards, Miami, USA in 2019.
His most recent play/ theatre script, ‘Red-Handed’ was the WINNER of the Best Stage Script Award at the following film and writing festivals:
• 4th Dimension Independent Film Festival, Bali, 2021
• Best Script Award Festival, April, London, 2021
• Miracle Makers Intl Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, 2021.
It was also awarded SEMI-FINALIST at the Script and StoryBoard Showcase Festival, Los Angeles, January 2021, and it was an OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Film Boxe International Film Festival, May 2021. Plus, it was an OFFICIAL SELECTION, Short Script Category, Hamburg Film Awards, Germany, 2022 and a RUNNER-UP (Best Short Script) at the Ellora International Film Festival, Ellora, India, 2022. Also, it was a SEMI-FINALIST (Stage Play) at the Bull City International Film and Screenwriting Festival, Durham, NC, USA, 2022. Plus , it was an OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Fentress Fest for Writers, USA, 2022.
'One of Us' , the screenplay adaptation of 'Red-Handed', was the WINNER, Best Short Screenplay of the Year, Rome Prisma International Film Festival, Rome, Italy, July, 2022. Plus it was a WINNER, Best LGBT Screenplay, at the Cannes Film Awards, 2022. It was also a NOMINEE, Best Technique, at the London Paperscreenplay Awards, 2022. Moreover, it was an OFFICIAL SELECTION the Fort Myers International Film Festival, Florida, 2022 + the Los Angeles International Screenplay Awards, 2022 + the Amsterdam Freedom Film Festival, 2022. Also, it was a SEMI-FINALIST (Best Short Screenplay) at both the New York International Screenplay Awards, April 2022, and the Santa Barbara International Screenplay Awards, May 2022.
‘Window Spit’, his second poetry collection, was described as “an intoxicating look at today’s reality” by the author Rosie Malzier, and was a FINALIST in the Eyelands International Book Awards, Greece, in 2019. Additionally, it was also a NOMINEE/ FINALIST at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, 2021.
Some of his recent video poems/ short films from ‘Window Spit’ have been lauded at the following poetry video and film festivals:
• 'Seismic' = FINALIST, Fentress Fest for Writers, USA, April, 2022; SEMI-FINALIST, Bologna in Lettere Video Poetry Festival, May 2022; OFFICIAL SELECTION, Super Short Film Category, Hamburg Film Awards, Germany, 2022; WINNER, Poetry Film, Creative Touching Concept at the 3rd Hottomela International Film Festival, Calcutta, December2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Newlyn PZ International Film Festival, June 2021; NOMINEE at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021.
• ‘The Chosen Few’ = WINNER, Director's Choice Award at the International Poetry Film Festival, Hollywood, June 2022; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the 9th International Poetry Festival, Athens, 2021; NOMINEE at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the International Art Film Festival, London, 2021.
• ‘The Letting Go’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION, 2020 Cadence Video Poetry Festival, Seattle, USA.
• ‘Distance’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Miracle Makers International Film and Writers’ Festival, Las Vegas, July 2021; OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Tri-State New York Film Festival, November, 2021; WINNER, Best Film Poetry, So Limitless and Free International Film Festival, December, 2021; WINNER, Best Micro Film at the Roma International Short Film Festival, Rome, Italy, January 2022; FINALIST, Tokyo International Short Film Festival, Tokyo, Japan, February, 2022.
• ‘Pivot Point’ = OFFICIAL SELECTION at the Fotogenia FIlm Festival, Mexico, 2021.