SEASON 2 - Entries open Jan 2021. Stay Safe!
FFTG Awards Film Festival is established to provide independent filmmakers a unique platform to showcase and brand their films. We are inviting films of all genres for the competition to present in various categories. Entries are open for all nationalities.
Collaborate. Create. Celebrate.™
Our festival prides itself on its range. All films selected for the festival are automatically eligible for a variety of honors and accolades awarded by the festival and the audience. We watch every single entry, and all screenplays read in full so you can be assured that your project is fully considered. As filmmakers ourselves, we know the amount of work that goes into projects, so for each Officially Selected movie, we lead its filmmakers in a meaningful discussion about their process in a (up to) 5 min video that would be broadcast on the official FFTG Awards site www.fftgawards.com, YouTube Channel and other Social Media platforms during the entire duration of the festival.
We have a diverse selection committee comprising of professionals from around the world including Architects, Entrepreneurs, Artists, Filmmakers, and VFX Producers who bring a diverse lens of perceptions and experiences through which they watch a movie and each selection is watched in full by our team.
We present the Youngest Selection Committee to judge films of filmmakers age 18 & below.
There is no entry fee for filmmakers with valid student id’s and filmmakers age 18 & below. We all are students of life forever, hence these films will be reviewed within their category (student) because we know they have limited resources and no budget. However, these category winners will be awarded as Best Film, Filmmaker, Actor, Actress, not with the title Student. - All Genre
In order to verify your student status and age 18 & below , please upload a copy of your valid student ID and govt. issued valid ID to your project page by clicking My Projects > Project File > Files & Attachments, add a copy of your ID.
FFTG Awards is a digital platform, dedicated to bringing new audiences to the indie movie world which would be missed on regular platforms. Selected films will be screened via Official FFTG Vimeo Channel. The selection is divided into several categories, which include Quarantine Films, Mobile Films, Micro Short Films, Web Series, Screenplay Competition, Shorts, and Features in all genres and for the first time, a FFTG exclusive category, based on the theme TELCO is being introduced. TELCO stands for Taking Easy Looking Completely Occupied™. Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y_18iLqFGI for a Sample Film.
FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020
Welcome to FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020.
- FFTG Awards invites screenwriters to participate in the the contest and we'll be promoting them right alongside our films.
- Feature screenplays not longer than 125 pages Includes Students and writers age 18 & below categories.
- Short screenplay between 1 and 40 pages in length Includes for Students and writers age 18 & below categories.
- Submit the story along with your screenplay in not more than 500 words.
A) Why submit to FFTG Awards Screenwriting Competition 2020?
• Screenplay competitions get your script read. Even better, many of the writers who win these screenwriting competitions end up signing a development deal or selling their winning script to one of the judges.
• While the movie business competition is tough - as it is for all around the world in every country, screenwriting contests and competitions can be worthy investments for kick starting a writing career. That's the whole reason you wrote the script in the first place. Isn’t it? Next to getting it made.
• Another possibility is that, you may not win at all, but maybe a judge will earmark your script and kept you in mind regardless of the results. All because you made an effort to submit a well-written script. There is also a possibility one of the judges may hire or recommend you to the industry professionals to develop their projects.
• There may be hundreds of reasons to not enter screenplay competitions, but there’s one reason to do it that beats them all: OPPORTUNITIES.
In an industry as cryptic, nebulous and insular as entertainment, opportunities are something that should never to be passed up.
- Please read FFTG Award Screenwriting Competition 2020 Submission Guidelines And Rules & Terms in detail (below) before you submit your entry.
JURY CHOICE AWARDS:
1.1 Best Film of the Festival (Only One among All Categories)
1.2 Best Quarantine Film (All Genre & Categories)
1.3 Best TELCO Film (All Genre & Categories)
1.4 Best TELCO Filmmaker (All Genre & Categories)
(Visit https://vimeo.com/446844075 for TELCO Sample Film)
1.5 Best Mobile Film (All Genre & Categories)
1.6 Best Micro Short Film (All Genre & Categories)
1;7 Best Web Series (All Genre, Includes Student Id's and Age 18 & below)
1;8 Best Narrative Feature (All Genre, Includes Student Id's and Age 18 & below)
1.9 Best Narrative Short (All Genre, Includes Student Id's and Age 18 & below)
1.10 Best Documentary Feature (All Genre & Categories)
1.11 Best Documentary Short (All Genre & Categories)
1.12 Best Experimental Feature (All Genre & Categories)
1.13 Best Experimental Short (All Genre & Categories)
1.14 Best Animation Feature (All Genre & Categories)
1.15 Best Animation Short (All Genre & Categories)
1.16 Best Visionary Filmmaker (All Genre & Categories)
1.17 Best Director (All Genre & Categories)
1.18 Best Debut Filmmaker (All Genre & Categories)
1.19 Best Writer (All Genre & Categories)
1.20 Best Actor Award (All Genre & Categories)
1.21 Best Actress Award (All Genre & Categories)
1.22 Best Supporting Actor (All Genre & Categories)
1.23 Best Supporting Actress Award (All Genre & Categories)
1.24 Best Cinematography (All Genre & Categories)
1.25 Best Concept (All Genre & Categories)
1.26 Best Music (All Genre & Categories)
1.27 Best Editing (All Genre & Categories)
1.28 Best Sound Design (All Genre & Categories)
1.29 Best Costume (All Genre & Categories)
1.30 Best Production Design (All Genre. Shorts, Features Only)
- All films will be considered in all categories by default at NO ADDITIONAL FEE.
- If the submitter explicitly choose not to submit, the film will be considered only for the categories selected. Options are provided when you submit.
2. AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD
Best Film of the Festival
ThIs award will be picked by the number of votes a film gets during the competition week which will be screened on Official Vimeo Channel, regardless of its length & category. The filmmaker who will get the maximum number of votes, likes, and comments during the competition week- will win the competition in this category.
3. SPIRIT OF FFTG AWARDS
All participating filmmakers vote to determine which film/filmmaker best represents the Spirit of FFTG.
All the participant filmmakers will vote for the best film in the competition & based on their votes, the highest voted film will receive the “FFTG Spirit Award”.
Official Selections, Nominees and Winners
- All Official Selections, Nominees and Winners will receive FFTG Awards Official Laurel.
- All Official Selections, Nominees and Winners will receive FFTG Awards Signed Certificate.
- All official Selections, Nominees, Winners will be eligible to receive the FFTG Awards 2020 statuette at a nominal price with the movie name and their name engraved on it. For more details please email at email@example.com with FFTG Award Statuette in the subject line.
- Social Platform support & project branding: FFTG Awards will support each selected film by constantly sharing about their film on our social media platforms, throwing hash tags to enable us to reach the right audience, and by branding the project. We ensure that the right people reach you, through hash tags, comments, advertisements, shares, and social platforms.
- Possible collaboration with FFTG (Film Festivals To Go) to market and distribute your films to the larger audience globally, OTT platforms if applicable. For more details please visit www.filmfestivalstogo.com
FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020.:
First and Second Place Jury Choice Award winners in both Shorts and Features in all categories & genres.
- Receive FFTG Awards Official Laurel.
- Receive FFTG Awards Signed Certificate.
- Are eligible to receive the FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020 statuette at a nominal price with the Screenplay and the Writer’s name engraved on it. For more details please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with FFTG Award Screenplay Competition Statuette in the subject line.
- Will be lead in a meaningful discussion about their process in a (up to) 5 min video that would be broadcast on the official FFTG Awards site www.fftgawards.com, You Tube Channel and other Social Media platforms during the entire duration of the festival.
- Social Platform support & project branding: FFTG Awards will support nominated and winning Script Writer by constantly sharing about them on our social media platforms, throwing hash tags to enable us to reach the right audience, and by branding the project. We ensure that the right people reach you, through hash tags, comments, advertisements, shares, and social platforms.
- Possible collaboration with FFTG (Film Festivals To Go) to market your scripts to industry producers, production houses.
- We accept all fiction and non-fiction film genres. All age groups are accepted.
- All films will be considered in all categories by default at NO ADDITIONAL FEE.
- If the submitter explicitly choose not to submit, the film will be considered only for the categories selected. Options are provided when you submit.
- NO CHANGES are allowed after you hit submit. If the submitter decides to choose additional categories later on, a new submission will be needed with entry fee.
- Projects submitted must be the original work of the participant.
- All submission will be received through FilmFreeway only. No Exceptions.
- This movie link must not require download and must remain active and accessible through the closing date of the festival.
- Entry forms and payment will not be processed without accompanying submission link in accepted format.
- Please include Film poster, two film stills and a director's headshot with your entry. These can be emailed or included with submission.
- Feel free to send along any additional press material, cast and crew bios or any other information about your film.
- Filmmakers with Student ID's to submit the right category by providing Student ID.
In order to verify your student status , please upload a copy of your valid student ID and to your project page by clicking My Projects > Project File > Files & Attachments, add a copy of your student ID.
- Filmmakers 18 and under can submit their film in the respective category by providing govt. issued valid age proof id.
In order to verify your age 18 & below , please upload a copy of your govt. issued valid ID to your project page by clicking My Projects > Project File > Files & Attachments, add a copy of your valid ID.
- You can submit from all the countries as being student filmmaker, or producer; there are no restrictions.
- We consider films in any language but screened only in English. They need to be SUBTITLED, DUBBED in English else the film will be disqualified.
- Festival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
- Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the Festival Director.
- Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and fee.
- Any situation related to music and copyrights belongs to the sender.
- By submitting, you agree to publish your film's trailers & images and you agree to share your data for promotional purposes.
- Withdrawn films are considered they were disqualified and the fee will not be refunded.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Submitting is not a guarantee of being programmed.
- Written comments describing entries are beneficial.
- Makers should authorize us to use the film in any platform independently or it will be disqualified.
- Once the contest is over, winners can upload their films on IGTV only not on their YouTube channel.
- Submitted films should be an original work of the contestant.
- We consider films regardless of their premiere status. Limited to If your film has already premiered at another festival at a physical venue or on the festival's site only.
- Films available on the Internet are not eligible.
- We consider films based on the competition program mentioned in rules and regulations.
- Features previously self-distributed by the filmmakers online are not eligible for consideration in Feature categories.
- There are no additional eligibility criteria for short films. All shorts are eligible!
- All screeners must be uploaded by the appropriate deadline.
- Deadlines close at 11:59 PM PST November 17th, 2020.
- FFTG Awards Film Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to event scheduling at our discretion.
- We will contact entrants if there's anything wrong with the submission. If this occurs, you will need to fix the submission issue by the requested deadline, otherwise we can't guarantee that your film will be watched in time.
- The films submitted to the contest will remain in the files of the Festival and the video archives.
- The works will not be commercially exploited. Before any other different use, the authors will be contacted for receipt of agreement.
- FFTG Awards is taking reasonable security precaution to protect the copyright of the film submitted to the Festival. Films dealing with all themes are allowed to the festival, with the only exception of advertising and pornographic.
- FFTG Awards has the right to exclude from the festival any film that is judged, at its sole discretion, not compliant with its ethical code or to the provisions of applicable law. In case of exclusion, the festival fee that has already been paid will not be reimbursed.
- We don't provide screening fees.
- The festival jury will also define, at its sole discretion, the winners of the festival categories.
- The names of the winners will be announced on the festival official website www.fftgawards.com, social media platforms and to the winners’ email address that are communicated at the time of film submission.
- The Festival reserves the right to opt for a different genre than the one the candidate choose and indicated in the submission form;
- The Festival is not responsible for any spelling mistake or wrong information provided in the application.
- The Festival disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided in FilmFreeway. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided in FilmFreeway is correct through the end of the Festival period.
- The Festival will attempt, but is under no obligation, to view a submission that arrives after the designated deadline without refund of the submission fee.
- The titles and names of filmmakers used in all promotional materials will always refer to the ones provided in the application. Equally, title changes made by the filmmakers after the submission, may not be possible to alter, as such the applicant recognizes this at the moment of completing the submission.
- The festival programmers do not share festival selection committee comments or ratings with the public or submitting filmmakers. In fairness to all filmmakers, fee waiver requests will be declined.
- Promotional materials of selected films become the property of the FFTG Awards and can be used to promote the Festival and the programs of the Festival in all mediums.
- Your submission implies that you have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration along with your acceptance of FFTG Awards regulations.
- By submitting this form, you also agree to allow the festival use of your film, and its publicity materials for promotional purposes. Please agree below.
- You accept these conditions by submitting to us.
1. The producer grants FFTG Awards the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film online for the duration of the Festival, in a programmed session available ‘on-demand’ from the FFTG Awards website via Vimeo Premium.
(b) Include a section of the production for promotional purposes.
2. The producer warrants to the FFTG Awards that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material.
3. FFTG Awards is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless FFTG Awards Film Festival (New York) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
HOW WE PICK THE AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD
- FFTG Awards is a simple and fair online competition which helps you to get more eyes on your work. Winning is everyone's right -our different award categories allow different kinds of filmmakers to participate and get a chance to win in different categories. The Best Film of the festival is an Audience Choice Award & will be picked by the number of votes a film gets during the competition week regardless of its length & category. The filmmaker who will get the maximum number of votes, likes, and comments during the competition week- will win the competition for the best film of the festival. We also have an award category where all the participant filmmakers will vote for the best film in the competition & based on their votes, the highest voted film will receive the “FFTG Spirit Award”.
HOW WE PROGRAM
- Each film will be watched by at least two different jury members. Our jury consists of professionals including Architect, filmmakers, artists, and entrepreneurs from various facets. Their diverse life experiences and outlook brings the right blend towards judging of a movie.
- If a film gets two or more recommendations after the first round of watches, it will be watched by more programmers and discussed at deliberations sessions.
- Deliberating programmers determine a festival selection through discussion and voting. If a film gets two or more recommendations after the first round of watches, it will be watched by more programmers and discussed at deliberations sessions.
- Each participating programmer has an equal vote and no festival selections are made outside of this process.
- We generally don't share programming feedback with entrants.
- The FFTG Awards programmers/Selection Committee decisions are final.
- The Festival Director has the authority to overrule any decisions.
- Accepted filmmakers will be notified via email, phone, whatsapp or text. "Add filmfreeway.com your email to avoid it going into your spam folder!"
- Filmmakers must confirm their participation by the given deadline, otherwise they might lose their spot in the line-up.
- Upon selection, filmmakers are highly encouraged to provide high-quality digital stills, and poster from the film if they are not already available via FilmFreeway. If these are not available the film will be disqualified.
- For each officially Selected movies, we lead all selected filmmakers in a meaningful discussion about their process in a [up to] 5 min video that would be broadcast on FFTG Awards official site www.fftgawards.com and its Youtube Channel and other social media sites.
- For (up to) a 5 min video interview, a set of questions about their chosen entry will be sent to the filmmaker. The filmmaker is then responsible for editing answers to the questions into a high res video, superimposed with the FFTG Awards logo. This completed edited video file must be sent back in the stipulated time communicated by the festival representative. If the filmmaker wishes for the festival to take care of the editing, there will be a nominal fee to do so. If the video is not received in the required format within the stipulated time, the festival reserves the right to disqualify the film.
- Accepted filmmakers must be the authors of their submitted work and own all rights to their film and its components ahead of screening at FFTG Awards.
- If accepted, entrants are responsible for delivering their trailer, final screener link (if any), press stills and press kit on time.
- Payments must be made in USD currency.
- Submission fee is payable via FilmFreeway only and accepted by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club, Union Pay, and PayPal.
- Films submitted without payment WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED and the submission will be deleted.
- The submission fee cannot be waived. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Submission of the Film constitutes agreement with the regulations set forth here.
FFTG AWARDS SCREENPLAY COMPETITION 2020 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND RULES & TERMS
Submission Guidelines for Screenplay:
• Feature screenplays longer than 125 pages will not be eligible Includes Students and writers age 18 & below.
• Short screenplay between 1 and 40 pages in length Includes for Students and writers age 18 & below.
• Submit the story along with your screenplay in not more than 500 words.
• Entry fee for Features & Short screenplay $10. Entry for Students and age 18 & below is free. Please read Students and age 18 & below iD’s information before submitting. Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entry at its discretion, which do not comply with the rules with no refunds.
• FFTG Awards Film Festival accepts only original scripts, in English or Hindi, unpublished.
• FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition only accepts screenplays in PDF format. Under no circumstances should you submit anything other than a PDF. Anything other format than PDF will be disqualified with no refunds. If the formatting elements are incorrect including if “Scene Heading” being written as an “Action” in the right format, etc, the entry would be disqualified without any refunds.
• Submissions of new drafts or corrected pages will not be accepted.
• Screenplay titles cannot be changed upon resubmission under any circumstances
• Please proofread your script very carefully before submitting.
Screenplay Rules and Regulations
• Screenplays written by teams of two or more writers are eligible for FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020 and can be from any country or nationality, and of any age.
• Screenplays submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified.
• Screenplays that are currently optioned or have been produced are not eligible to compete in FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020. In this case, the entry will be immediately disqualified with no refunds.
• The FFTG Awards Film Festival is under no obligation to, and does not; provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted script to the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted Film. The FFTG Awards Film Festival will not be held responsible or liable for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding any submitted Film obtained by the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted film or any third party.
• All judges have signed mandatory NDA’s protecting your intellectual property.
• Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
• Screenplays adapted from other sources that were written by other authors (such as but not limited to books or plays) are not eligible to compete in FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020, regardless of the source author’s permission.
• Screenplays adapted from source material that is in the public domain are not eligible.
• All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to the FFTG Awards Film Festival remains with the original rights holders.
• A writer may enter more than one screenplay; however, a separate entry form and fee are required for each script submitted.
• All scripts sent to the Screenplay Competition will be added to the FFTG Awards archive, retaining their original copyright.
• The festival or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this competition claims neither ownership nor first right of option to any original screenplay submitted to FFTG Awards Screenplay competition 2020.
• All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
BY ENTERING THE FFTG AWARDS SCREENPLAY COMPETITION 2020 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. I, the representative of the screenplay being submitted (the "Script"), Acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the script submitted for consideration for The FFTG Awards Screenplay Competition 2020 (the "Festival"). By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that the Festival has made no oral representations of any kind.
2. You agree to release and hold harmless Dot and Feather Entertainment LLC, FFTG Awards Film Festival, Film Festivals To Go, its partners, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, screenplay readers, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting the competition, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Competition and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the festival and its partners, sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize. Employees of the festival and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. ENTRY TO THIS COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided entries will be refunded. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.