The second Montreal Feminist Film Festival will be held May 6-13, 2018 in Montreal and will showcase a variety of intersectional fiction and documentary films and videos.
The mission of the Montreal Feminist Film Festival is to move, inspire and represent a wide variety of femininities and feminisms in order to increase their visibility. We strongly believe in intersectionnality and strong female characters who challenge gender norms. We are a trans-inclusive, queer festival and accept films directed by everyone regardless of their gender, and strongly encourage marginalized people to send us their work. More than a festival screening films about women or made by women (which is not trans-inclusive), the FFFM wants to showcase activist works that have a strong feminist message.
Our ambition is to show a diverse program with films from all over the world with a special focus on films directed by women of colour, indigenous and LGBTQ+ filmmakers. We aim for this festival to be accessible and inclusive for everyone.
All screenings will be Pay What You Can.
Awards & Prizes
Rules & Terms
All films must
-be shorts (under 30 minutes long) or features
-have French or English audio or subtitles
-have a ***strong feminist message***.
Filmmakers cannot submit more than TWO project. Films must have been released in either 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2017.
We are accepting documentary, experimental, animation and fiction films, but not music videos.
Our terms and conditions apply:
1. The submitter must be entitled to submit the film and has the legal rights to screen it;
2. Submission does not guarantee acceptance.
3. There is a $6 submission fee that is non refundable even if your project is disqualified so please read the rules and terms.
4. We can not send back any material sent to us.
5. By submitting a film the filmmakers, copyright owners and distribution rights owners agree to have the film screened for free if selected for the programme.
6. We reserve the right to use stills and images for our promotion material such as the website or our programme.
7. Format can either be DVD, BluRay or digital and should have subtitles in English or French unless the original language is English or French. For submission it will be enough to send a link to Vimeo or similar with a password.
8. Official deadline is January 1, 2018, however exceptions might be made for late submissions and is decided on case-to-case basis.
9. Shipping costs / digital transfer costs have to be paid by the filmmaker.