The Festival was founded by Association du Festival Documentaire de Zagora in 2012.
More than 300 documentaries have been presented in the astonishing city of Zagora, at the edge of the desert, in Morocco.
18 November - Arrival -Opening night
19 - 20- 21 November- 10 - 13 a.m Screenings - Lunch at the Hotel 15 - 18 p.m Screenings - Dinner at the Hotel
22 November - Touristic tour - 18 p.m Closing ceremony and awards
RULES AND TERMS:
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to all submissions to The Festival International Arabe Africain du film documentaire a Zagora (AFDOZ)
By submitting your film (the “Film”) for consideration for inclusion in the festival operated by AFDOZ (the “Festival”), you (the “Applicant” or “You”) hereby agree to be bound by these Rules.
AFDOZ will consider each submission received (a “Submission”) against the Eligibility Criteria (defined below).
• A Film which does not meet the Eligibility Criteria as of the date of submission will not be selected.
• AFDOZ may, at its absolute discretion, decide to accept a submission which meets the Eligibility Criteria, but is not obliged to screen any particular Film at the Festival even if the Film meets the Eligibility Criteria.
• Due to the amount of submission received individual feedback may not be possible, 1.5 Successful applicants will be contacted in late September or early October 2023, and in any case by October 10th, when the full list of selected documentaries will be published on the Festival website
• Successful applicants will be forwarded a copy of the AFDOZ Screening Agreement. Submissions from successful applicants who do not agree to the AFDOZ Screening Agreement will not be screened.
• Applicants can submit one project only.
• In case of selection, the festival reserves the right to use stills and excerpts from the films for promotional purposes, not exceeding 10 % of the running time, or a maximum of 3 minutes.
• Entrants are not entitled to claim screening or rental fees for the screenings of their films in competition.
• The festival oﬃce doesn’t have the possibility to answer questions about status of entries or progress of selection.
• Materials submitted will not be returned. We strongly recommend that you do not submit original materials.
Submission is eligible if all of the following conditions are met:
• The Submission is received before the due date of June 20th, 2023
• Documentaries have commenced production from no earlier than 1st January 2021
The Film has never been, and will not be before November 20th, 2024, released on DVD, freely available online (however, the Festival may at its discretion accept Films which have been theatrically released or previously screened at other festivals).
• The documentary contains English subtitles, even if it is in English language; Such english subtitles are also sent on separate document (to be translated in other languages/subtitles))
• Eligible formats for screening copies of selected films to be screened during the festival is MP4 or .MOV file, h264 or h265 codec..
• AFDOZ prefers that Films be submitted for competition via FilmFreeway . In alternative, via secure YouTube or Vimeo screeners to the email address email@example.com only
By submitting your Film, you warrant that:
• You are free to submit the Film to the Festival
• The Film meets the Eligibility Criteria; and
• You have obtained all necessary clearances in respect of the Film and the Film does not infringe the rights (including without limitation copyright) of any third party.